Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

You guys gotta understand that this was the final week of the season and there was alot more things more important than our six game winning streak, such as teams that made it into the playoffs and the matchups, and teams who choked and didn't make it, coaches who got fired and who won the Bush sweepstakes.

Now if our six game winning streak cumulatively had us getting into the playoffs then we could have a beef, but basically we are on the bottom of the list of big stories this weekend and I have to say rightfully so. So it's not really bias on the media's part, it's just how the media works when it comes to covering teams.

fluties stupid kick got mentioned twice as much as our winning streak , if not more, on all of the sports shows that i've seen. just wait till next year it will all be different.

ercin13 said:
fluties stupid kick got mentioned twice as much as our winning streak , if not more, on all of the sports shows that i've seen. just wait till next year it will all be different.

Come on, use a little perspective. While it wasn't a cornerstone of the game or anything, it was the first time the dropkick was used in professional football in over 64 years. Of course that was going to be a buzz, no matter how silly it was.

We as Dolphins fans have little to complain about lately. Just about every sportswriter is mentioning the 6 game winning streak. Let's quit complaining that all sportswriters aren't dropping their coverage of the other 31 teams in the NFL to solely focus on us. That's what Miami media/radio/news is for.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/01/week17/index.html

Peter King is my favorite writter and I enjoy reading his Monday Morning Quarterback issue every week. But this week disappointed me quite a bit. He didn't once mention the Fins 6 game winning streak and also dropped us off of his fin fifteen after last week we we're tied for 15th with Minnesota and Dallas. Dallas got beat by St. Louis how does that make them better then us. We are the best team not to make the playoffs IMO making us 13th.

I'd say the Chiefs are the best team not to make the playoffs and put us at #2 just behind them.

Also, I watched the ESPN highlights of the game with Berman showing almost all NE highlights and giving us no credit. I almost never watch ESPN and this only validated the reason I don't. The world would be better off without ESPN. There are now far better and less biased resources to get info on any professional sports team. I know I live just fine (and better) without the BS ESPN spews every day.

**** Berman and Primetime. Miami had one play shown on there and it was a one yard run. Next thing you know we have 25 points with no mention or highlight of how they were acquired. Then they spent 5 minutes talking about a ******* play that made no difference in the outcome of the game.

Brad528 said:
**** Berman and Primetime. Miami had one play shown on there and it was a one yard run. Next thing you know we have 25 points with no mention or highlight of how they were acquired. Then they spent 5 minutes talking about a ******* play that made no difference in the outcome of the game.

If you weren't a Dolphins fan, would you have cared much about a game that had no playoff implications (other than seeding), in which the home team was playing second and third stringers?

Somehow I doubt that. Perspective...

I wonder how these guys feel now?

All these ''sports writers'' and ''sports analysts'' said we would at the most have at the most a 6 win season. Most of that was ESPN though and Dan Le ******* and Fat Hank. I said we would go 8-8, and I wasn't off by that much. At least the NFL Network gave some love(specifically Adam Scheftner's prediction that we will suprise everyone) and we can't forget Pete Pissco's dumb ***. I can't remember if anyone from SI said anything negative, but whatever I like them.
So they ate crow and now they are all gonna be on Saban's dick.

Oh joy, another "wow the media disrespected us early on in the season, how dare they predict our season incorrectly" thread. Great. :sleep:

I think it just goes to show most "experts" aren't even as football smart as some memebers of this board. Sportswriting is entertainment...That's all it is. Write somthing controversial....That's thier job now.

Honestly, sports journalism is in a very, very sad state today.

I think, at age 38, I grew up in the era of some of the last really great writers and, broadcasters.

These days, they really suck.:shakeno:

That may be true, but why do I have the feeling that a large majority of the people bashing sportswriters for saying Miami would win 6 games at most this year probably believed the same things themselves before the season began?

Some of the greatest football minds completely whiff at predicting football. In today's parity days it's extremely difficult, especially when these predictions are being made under the pretenses of the state the team is in as of when the article is written, and usually include optimal health.

RobFins2005 said:
Oh joy, another "wow the media disrespected us early on in the season, how dare they predict our season incorrectly" thread. Great. :sleep:

It's off season dude. Expect more of these. What the hell else are we going to talk about other than the draft and, FA for the next few months?

GoonBoss said:
It's off season dude. Expect more of these. What the hell else are we going to talk about other than the draft and, FA for the next few months?

We should accentuate the positives more than worry about what the media thought back in July.

RobFins2005 said:
That may be true, but why do I have the feeling that a large majority of the people bashing sportswriters for saying Miami would win 6 games at most this year probably believed the same things themselves before the season began?

I predicted 8-8. I was closer than the "experts" and, I don't even get to watch as much as I used to.

Hey, if you are an "expert" and, you publish your opinion, and, it's wrong, expect to get hammered, I say.

Back
Top Bottom