(Merged)Former Coaches Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula ranked.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged)Former Coaches Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula ranked....

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Former Coaches Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula ranked....

15th in the top 25 coaches of the past 25 years.....

Let's see if Shula gets ranked, if he doesnt it would be a disgrace....hasnt been ranked so far....

Don Shula #7....

ESPN's top 25 coaches gave Don Shula #7 right behind Bill Walsh. I think he should of been igher, but maybe its just me.

no #7 is a good number concidering he had disapointing seasons his last couple years. w/ coach k, parcells, walsh, jackson, woodson (the guy from ucla b-ball), lambardi right there you have 6 coaches that have had better carrers. (yeah yeah i know. most winningest nfl coach and all)

its actually John Wooden...

I was surprised they ranked Shula this high...not cuase of his disappointing end to his career but the fact that his championships came before ESPN did...

Although I am a homer and biased I think the ranking is about right.Shula was a great coach,got great respect from his players and colleagues and knew how to adapt his offensive and defensive schemes according to the personnel he had.However he was not very good at evaluating talent come draft time.(Some may argue with this point since he did draft Marino,Czonka and other high profile players).

Shula was ranked WAY too high for this particluar ranking of coaches. It's coaches from '79-current and while Don had many playoff seasons he didn't have any Championships during that span so I think he should be alot lower. If it was expanded to all time and you include his 2 titles then he belongs very high but that wasn't the case and he was definitely ranked too high.

By the way former North Carolina Coach Dean Smith came in at #1 .

thats what im saying, he was still a great coach after 1979, but his championships came before the 25 year allotment ESPN is using...

Back
Top Bottom