Merged: Ginn still dropping balls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ginn still dropping balls

I give him a year or less with Singletary in charge. The man flat out won't put up with the charmin crap.

You know when I think our FO gave up on Ginn? I think pretty much at the start of the 2nd half vs the Saints when we're up 24-10 and the ball goes off his hands and gets returned for the six that it was over for him. And the next game he still goes off for the 2 100+ yard kick returns vs the Jets, but by then I think our staff had pretty much seen enough of him. Anyone agree or just flat out see it differently? With Ginn, what was the straw that flat out broke it in Miami?

Want to get more angry? Look at his entire draft that year.

This, only 3 seasons later and only one player from that ENTIRE draft is still on the team, and that guy is only here because we have a huge need at the position, not cause he has actually showed anything (Soliai)

CamJohn-1.jpg

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAH! OOOOOHHHH.... HAHAHAHAHA!!! Visualize Eddie Murphy in the comedy club scene laughing at Dave Chapelle for The Nutty Professor. That, times 10 is me laughing. What honestly did the 49er's see in Ginn before they gave us a 5th round pick for him? The front office should be arrested for robbing the 5th round pick form the 49er's in exchange for that piece of trash football player. I understand that they thought he would be good in the return game, but what does speed matter when you don't have the ball in your hands?
Oh and Ginn, I will tell that to your face; what are you gonna do, sprint for the sideline?

poor Teddy -- he's the only one trapped in the "fake" life he's in. A delicate, fast ballerina who could have been a contender on Prancing to the Stars.

Follow your Heart Teddy. Follow your Heart.

we draft Ginn and these 2 were available
Patrick Willis with 174,141,152 tackles,9 sacks,23 passes defended,4 interceptions,and 6 forced fumbles

Jon Beason with 140,138,141 tackles...with 7 interceptions in 3 seasons

This, only 3 seasons later and only one player from that ENTIRE draft is still on the team, and that guy is only here because we have a huge need at the position, not cause he has actually showed anything (Soliai)

Solai has shown bursts/flashes...other wise he would be gone. He just needs to become consistent. To say he hasn't shown 'anything' is silly to be mild about it.

Do you even watch the games?

"Ginn still dropping balls"

Didn't know he had any???

Ginn still dropping balls with 49ers

Thought this was pretty funny....

Ted Ginn Jr. has brought his dropsies to the Bay Area.

The San Francisco 49ers were rightfully excited to acquire Ginn for a measly fifth-round choice. Three years earlier, the Miami Dolphins drafted him ninth overall.

He's a dazzling kick returner and provides turf-scorching speed.

But folks are starting to notice why the Dolphins gave up on him.

Bay Area News Group columnist Cam Inman watched him running at Monday's voluntary workout and came up with "Ted Gazelle Jr." as a nickname. Wouldn't be the first time a guy named Cam became smitten with Ginn's quickness.

"But when he repeatedly dropped balls, he looked, well, a lot like the reputation that came with him from his Miami Dolphins days," Inman wrote.

Inman added Ginn looked fine fielding punts, but "when he failed to catch one punt near his waist, it wasn't good -- other than it was only mid-May and he wasn't in Candlestick Park."

"You've got to shake it off," Ginn said later. "You've got to treat it like a [defensive back] when he gets scored on. You can't tank. They're going to happen and you just can't have that many."

:lol::chuckle::lol2:

No one should be surprised. This is an article like "the sky is blue" or "the earth is round". Ted Ginn drops balls. It's what he has done consistently as a Dolphin. This is why despite the massive disparity in speed Greg Camarillo is in Dolphin OTAs and Teddy Bear is dropping balls with the '49ers. The Trifecta want people they can count on. They hate inconsistency, and Ginn is consistently inconsistent. Merling is the next guy that could be out the door if he doesn't get his act in gear.

Back
Top Bottom