Merged:I love our rookies / I'm reading all this...about our team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:I love our rookies / I'm reading all this...about our team

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I have been hearing Pape has been beaten a lot during 1 on 1 drills.
Pape is the tackle from Michigan I think, all I know about his is he is HUGE and Michigan has a rep. of good linemen.

Now Pope, hes the LB whos making a splash.

Bua really is insane that guy has so much passion it's disgusting. haha I love it though!!!!! He has that fire that many players should have and I think that's what's going to get him to be a great player. He has that never give up attitude and the " I wanna hit somebody" attitude. Kinda like Larry Chester ;) I am really excited to see our rookies play and Bua is someone I will be watching closely to see what he can really do.

saves said:
Pape is the tackle from Michigan I think, all I know about his is he is HUGE and Michigan has a rep. of good linemen.

Now Pope, hes the LB whos making a splash.

yes what you said is true

I thought you may have confused them of typoed or something. I havn't heard anything about Pape. Does anyone know about his chances of making it?

the only positive thing this offseason is our draft class.......honestly i can see all our draftees making the team........dont know if that is a good thing though...what does that say about our team?

legendary137 said:
the only positive thing this offseason is our draft class.......honestly i can see all our draftees making the team........dont know if that is a good thing though...what does that say about our team?
Is there any of them you don't want to see make it?

I'm reading all this S... about our team

And yet, I see our rookies, Poole, Bua, Pope drilling holes in people, and I just love it.

Juice_56 said:
we had one of our best drafts in a while but yet all the magazines showed us having the worst draft grade...hmmm
Lindys gave us a grade of B for what it's worth. They had several teams below us
Their grades:
Arizona A-
Atlanta A-
Baltimore C
Buffalo C+
Carolina B-
Chicago B
Cincinnati A-
Cleveland B-
Dallas B-
Denver B+
Detroit A
Green Bay C
Houston B-
Indianapolis B
Jacksonville A
Kansas City C
Miami B
Minnesota B+
New England B
New Orleans C
New York Giants B-
New York Jets B
Oakland B+
Philadelphia B
Pittsburgh B
St. Louis B
San Diego B
San Francisco B
Seattle B-
Tampa C
Tennessee B
Washington C+

Of course all draft grades are a very subjective thing and someone somewhere will disagree with any one of those grades for a multitude of reasons and rationales. Lindys draft review is written by Barry Wilner who is not the worst football writer out there by any stretch. His individual thumbnail bios are usually pretty good too.

saves said:
I thought you may have confused them of typoed or something. I havn't heard anything about Pape. Does anyone know about his chances of making it?
My guess, and that's all it is, would be that Pape is a candidate for the practice squad this year. He could be a player long term so I hope we don't give up on him too soon.
IMO, Pape's best spot would be at right guard and he has some similarities to Kevin Gogan in size, skills and attitude at similar points of careers. Gogan came into the league as a tackle but made the Pro Bowl as a guard later in his career.
Right guard is crowded now with Jerman and Whitley and it doesn't look like Pape will get a chance there any time soon. He is the 3rd string RT on the team web site depth chart and 3rd string LT on the nfl.com depth chart.
He could make it as the 9th OL depending on what he shows the next few weeks, there is just a lot of competition for the last spot and also whether or not DMac opens the season on PUP or the 53 man roster will play a role in whether Pape makes it too.

Back
Top Bottom