Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

I know someone has a picture of him with a girl at some kind of party here on the site. Don't remember who though.

RalphX19X said:
The problem is I just dont see Norm Chow and the Titans passing on him.

neither do i, but i have the strangest feeling he will pass up on him, strange as it is....still dont think theres a large chance of it happening though

Cannonboy said:
Hey you never know. Looked what happened in 83 with Marino. Stanger things have happened and with Nick in charge maybe the stars are lined up for it to happen again like 83.

Yeah, and look at what happened to 2 of the 4 drafted ahead of him... Elway and Kelly were the only other 2 that had careers... ELWAY insisted on not playing for the team that originally drafted him and KELLY was out before him time...

Really STRANGE how things work out!

Jaj said:
The point is if we St. Louis skip up and the third QB isn't picked, Miami should think about hitting gold with the 11th pick the way the Steelers did. I'm sure our old friend Linehan can help us out.

We could also send our trading chip, Mr. Ricky Williams to Arizona at 10 to make things work. There's numerous possibilities. The 16th spot is a great spot to be in.

If Leinart, Young, or Cutler drop to 11 (most likely Leinart or Cutler) and the teams ahead of us are licking their chops for a QB, we should ask Linehan for a favor. In a way, he owes us. :tongue:

We also have a few trading chips on Defense like stopgaps that other teams might want (Zgonina, Bowens, Spragan)

Regan21286 said:
If Leinart, Young, or Cutler drop to 11 (most likely Leinart or Cutler) and the teams ahead of us are licking their chops for a QB, we should ask Linehan for a favor. In a way, he owes us. :tongue:

We also have a few trading chips on Defense like stopgaps that other teams might want (Zgonina, Bowens, Spragan)

They aren't worth much. In the NFL it's all about picks. Zgonina is probably gone anyway.

The only thing I find believable about this is that he won't get past the Dolphins at #16, but that's only because I highly doubt he'll even make it that far. But then again, this comes from a site that has the following info on him:
For a guy with no height or weight and hasn't even attended college or even been born yet, I'd say he's doing pretty good just being in the draft.

RalphX19X said:
The problem is I just dont see Norm Chow and the Titans passing on him.

Norm Chow spent considerable time with Cutler during the Senior Bowl. That was pointed out time and time again. I believe Cutler will be chosen before Leinhart. Just a hunch. I'd much rather Leinhart go before Cutler, though, because it gives Miami a super-slim chance of getting him. IF either is there at the 16th pick, Miami absolutely must choose either. I would not pass on Brodie Croyle, either. Charlie Whitehurst seems like a very good option in the 2nd or 3rd rounds with a year or so holding the playbook.

Uhm, actually many people predicted the Aaron Rodgers slide. Theyt basically said that if the Niners didn't pick him, he could drop a long way.

If Leinart is available after the third pick I would be very surprised and question why certain GM's have their jobs. It won't happen though. N.O., NYJ, Detroit, Tenn, and others pick ahead of us and have QB concerns. You can kiss Cutler, Croyle, Leinart and Young goodbye.

I don't see Leinart sliding like Rogers did. He's probably the QB who is most ready to play in the NFL at this point. Besides, as someone else pointed out...it's not likely Norm Chow would pass him up.

What's the best way to start a bad rumor about Leinart? I'm serious.

We shouldn't do it now becasue it would give the rumor way too much time to die down. Instead, we need to have a thread where we think of every possible way to get a rumor out quickly. Then a couple days before the draft we release the hounds and let the rumor spread. It could work.

In fact if it does work, then when the source is found out I think it would go down in history.

Samphin said:
Uhm, actually many people predicted the Aaron Rodgers slide. Theyt basically said that if the Niners didn't pick him, he could drop a long way.

If Leinart is available after the third pick I would be very surprised and question why certain GM's have their jobs. It won't happen though. N.O., NYJ, Detroit, Tenn, and others pick ahead of us and have QB concerns. You can kiss Cutler, Croyle, Leinart and Young goodbye.

Croyle? Now your just being pessimistic... :sidelol:

A top 10 pick?

Regan21286 said:
Too bad he couldn't post stuff like this here. He's an unyielding guy and you'd expect fans to be stubborn about their favorite things. He just couldn't restrain himself a bit. It's a shame but rules are rules. It's something I see a lot as a mod on a few other nonDolphin forums.

I think he's more of a Leinart fan than a Dolphins fan. I'm the other way around. I have my preferences but I'm willing to give any Dolphins Qb the benefit of the doubt until they truly mess up (Lucas, Fiedler, Feeley).

I agree. He was funny if you read it that way.

Interesting notes on Matt Leinart

Pro Football Talk has a story where Matt screwed up by not playing in yesterdays game. That his agents are not highly thought of and that with Cutler's value shooting thru the roof that Leinart could be this years Rodgers. Don't see how this could happen but they seem to think he could slid to Miami at 16.

Back
Top Bottom