Merged: Michael Huff | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Michael Huff

Boik14 said:
I think Saban is looking to make the front 7 younger. For that reason i think hes looking there with the pick @ 16.

I wouldnt mind the pick of Huff @ 16 given the need but I dont think its where we'll go. I want to see us go secondary with Ashton Youboty but I dont think that will happen either.

I think Nick will look in the direction of Greenway, Ryans, Mario Williams, etc. A top stud in the front 7. If its not there i think we end up dealing down. I dont think he'll make a pick if its not a player he wants

See, I'm thinking the opposite, I believe he wants to make the secondary younger. If Poole is healthy, adding Daniels and drafting another CB or S will solidify this group for years. It's want is being done in NE. Drafting secondary.

23Dolphins34 said:
See, I'm thinking the opposite, I believe he wants to make the secondary younger. If Poole is healthy, adding Daniels and drafting another CB or S will solidify this group for years. It's want is being done in NE. Drafting secondary.

That was my impression also. We had a struggling pass defense last season, and Tebucky Jones is a likely exit, Schulters is getting on, as is Madison. I think if we go defense, this is where we'll draft.

We have Roth and Manny Wright currently, and JT is a perennial franchise cornerstone still. Carter Holliday and Traylor are reasonably suspect in terms of longevity, but I think they're solid for now.

Geez, it really depends on who we think we can grab in the second. (This all asuming Cutler is gone in the first). I would take Huff without hesitating if in the second we thought we could get Howard, Mcintosh, Lawson or Carpenter. If not i would rather go Greenway or Ryans in the 1st, and like a Ko Simpson, Youboty, or the other Texas Corner in the second. Maybe even Kelly Jennings for all the UM fans down here.

So to answer the question, I would take him because if he slips to us he would be the BPA, and I think there is a deep enough class of OLB to take later.

He's definitely my second choice for our 1st rounder.

It sounds like LB's are deeper in this draft. So, my answer is yes. I would take him in a heartbeat. There are a couple of other guys that could change my mind, but Huff right at the top of my list.

how many of you guys like michael Huff from Texas

This guy seems to be a ball hawk and a sure tackler.If we dont get the Qb or Ot that we want he would be a great pick.just my opinion.:dolphins:

Yes, please.

(but you should really put this in the draft forum and save the mods the trouble of moving it)

I would rather have Huff than Bing, Williams or Landry.

Partly because I HATE drafting corners in the first round... so very tough to know if they can translate to the pros... so many busts.

With a good, ball-hogging, smash mouth safety, the risk is much lower. Huff is almost certain to be a good pro.

2. With Miami specifically, it has been too long since we have had an honest to god killer safety... someone that punished recievers and made them gun shy.

Back
Top Bottom