MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

My whole thing with this is the hoopla that's going go with it. Look at Tebow mania. He was half way decent but can't get a sniff due to this.

Can he get me sacks? Can he set the edge properly? Will he stand up for his teammates and represent the team well?

Gay, straight, the questions are all the same.

He's not really that good...very one dimensional as a pass rusher and flat terrible vs the run...situational rusher in the nfl that better develop some counter

so you are saying we should trade up in the first round and trade our second round pick for him lol

I don't care one bit about a drafted player's sexual preference.

I do care about the media circus that comes with it, though. Same reason I wouldn't want Tebow.

so you are saying we should trade up in the first round and trade our second round pick for him lol

I'm saying for Miami he's not on my board...and I don't see every down impact there...I am also saying he's a day 3 guy IMO...and it has nothing to do with his sexual pref

Not a 34 olb candidate a situational rusher who better be good at it if he wants to be active on game day...even the edge rush tools are average

He's a one trick pony as a pass rusher also

I don't care about race , sexual preference, who their daddy was, I just want a good football player. If a player has a problem with it he can retire for all I care

I'm saying for Miami he's not on my board...and I don't see every down impact there...I am also saying he's a day 3 guy IMO...and it has nothing to do with his sexual pref

Not a 34 olb candidate a situational rusher who better be good at it if he wants to be active on game day...even the edge rush tools are average

I think his joke/sarcasm went way over your head. It was a jab at Dion Jordan

Just was being sarcastic since that's what we did with another limited player last year

who the f**k cares, the league is full of gay players, they are paid to do their job not talk about how they like sex . Its a media driven agenda that drives views, thats the extent of it. if you can play you will be accepted - even if some dont like the choice if they help you win they will get on with it.

You know whats more important to Hickey about this guy? The fact he apparently had a ****e senior bowl.

We already had two bisexual players in Martin and inCognito who professed their love in text

This is a sign that things are changing when a player can be completely honest about this before the draft. I commend him for his honesty and guts. There are estimated to be over 50 gay players in the NFL, (not 1 or 2) and several are stars. I hope that Michael Sam is good enough to warrant getting drafted. This is a barrier that deserves to be smashed.
In some NFL circles, gay players have been known for a long time. Some will surprised that toughness and football talent have nothing to do with sexuality.

Back
Top Bottom