MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: NBA Ref FIXED games. MOB betting scam./ NBA concern "off the charts"

The way Joey Crawford throws Technicals around I always thought he had money on a game.

Wasn't Crawford the one who challenged Duncan to a fight, than ejected him for what appeared to be no good reason? Duncan is one of the handful of players in the league that could single-handedly take over a game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this scandal had something to do with it the incident.

The NBA has already reviewed each foul before many times and said that each were legit.

Dallas fans too got some BS calls the entire post season, against San Antonio AND Miami, so don't bank on thinking that THIS was the only series that was involved in gambling.

I doubt there are any basketball experts in the FBI, so the most they can do is get anyone involved in gambling in trouble, a case like Wayne Gretzky's case, but most likely this would be solved much faster once the names are out, as Stern would fire them immediately and they won't be getting any special delay/star treatment like Wayne on court.

Exactly.

There were a ****load of bad calls in that Game 5, no doubt. However, Dallas did NOT deserve to be in the Finals. I mean, they were HANDED that Game 7 in San Antonio. Everyone in the sports world knows that. Still, it wasn't a rigged series. Those first two games in Dallas were officiated poorly, and the decisive Game 6 in Dallas was officiated the best out of all of them. That says all to me. In the playoffs, home teams get the majority and that's been pretty factual. Hell, even at the end of that Game 5 Dallas still had a shot. What happened? That ****ing idiot Josh Howard forgot that his team only had 1 time out left.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I stand by my statement, though.

I've never seen a team ripped as consistently as Golden State was.

Wasn't Crawford the one who challenged Duncan to a fight, than ejected him for what appeared to be no good reason? Duncan is one of the handful of players in the league that could single-handedly take over a game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this scandal had something to do with it the incident.

I've long called that a publicity stunt for actual NBA players talking about how Crawford lets anything go with Bruce Bowen and the Spurs in general. I believe it was Gerald Wallace who came out with it in the same interview where he bashed Wade, but a lot of people backed him up.

SIDE NOTE:

I also find it hilarious that the same people who downgrade Miami's championship title are ones who glorify LAL's three-peat. Quite possibly one of the worst ref screw up's in NBA history came in that mysterious Game 6 of a LAL/SAC series way back. Sacramento was to end LAL's run, but got screwed in the end. I don't remember the exact call, but I do remember even Lakers fans thanking the refs for that one. Why aren't people drowning on their parade? It's not like that Game 5 in Miami, which admittedly wasn't greatly officiated, decided that series. Dallas had a shot at redemption on their home floor and they got owned in a game that didn't have many questionable calls at all. In fact, I have the DVD package of that entire series. If you'd like to borrow it and see for yourself, let me know.

I am just sick and tired of people putting down Miami & Dwyane Wade in favor of the damn refs. Dirk is a choker, Josh Howard is an idiot, Devin Harris cries more than little girls can at their parties, Mark Cuban is on drugs, and Dallas just got bamboozled, period. Get over it.

I value Michael Jordan as the greatest athlete ever, and my favorite at that. My father owns a tonnnnnn of his games, and I've watched most of them. I also have the DVD sets of many full games of his career, including full playoff series. Michael Jordan probably got more calls than any athlete in any sport........ever. In basketball it's significantly different than other sports because the breakdowns are a lot more individual. If you're a superstar with a positive reputation playing on your home court, then you're probably going to get the calls. Sad, but true.

I don't WANT anything. I am just commenting on the facts we have at this point. And it isn't going to be a manageable fallout. And it damn sure won't help the league.

What it does it make the last 2 seasons almost taken off the books because the outcomes of too many games, and playoff, and FINALS games were pre-determined by a REF!

It makes the NBA a complete fraud. A joke. On par with ROLLER DERBY and PRO WRESTLING! The money lost in advertising dollars, lost fans, and everything else will damage this sport for many many years!

Gimme a break man. Every time you post about the NBA, it's all negative. Don't pretend you don't take a little glee in this story, and would love to see the NBA suffer.

Again, if it were the players shaving points, that would be a different story. Let's talk in a year when the whole thing has blown over and your hyperbole has proven to be just a lot of hot air.

Depending on who the ONE ref is, destroys the NBA. If they find more refs it will all but end the sport as we know it. Take it off the sports books in Vegas. And Kill it beyond belief for a looooooooooooooong time in this country!

nah Mike, they will just do like Vince McMahon and admit it is all a work, like wrestling and the Globetrotters. :D

to a many people, myself included, the NBA was destroyed when the following occured:

they quit calling traveling, high dribble, and palming the ball violations except in the most ridiculously obvious circumstances.

the calling of fouls is random at best. guards are called for ticky tack stuff, and the big guys down low pummel each other all night with few calls.

the shot clock was moved to 24 seconds, all but eliminating defense in the game.

If the NHL is still up after Wayne Gretzsky and his whore wife, the NBA is as safe as having money in a bank.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07202007/news/columnists/nba_in_a_fix_columnists_murray_weiss.htm

This will cripple the sport for years to come! I can't wait till they expose who this is.

My guess is Bennett Salvatore. His airline ticket fraud was just the tip of the iceberg I am guessing. And now we have a reason for that "phantom foul" he gave on Dwane Wade in the Finals last year.

That WASN'T a phantom foul for the last damn time.

Agrue all you want that it was a touch foul, but they DID grab him.

clear.gif

Star players always get more calls. So IMO, that is not the issue. Is it fair? No, though that's how it always has been and always will be. The problem is that the integrity of the game is challenged. Regardless if it even cost a team a win or a loss. How can anyone believe that a game is legit when it is the equivalent of 'rasslin. Any ref who had money on games especially ones that they officiated kills the results for any season. Whether it was regular or postseason. The regular season determines the postseason so he would have had an effect.

I'm not going to be naive and say it's just one guy or just one sport. Though what can Stern do? I actually think Vegas is good for sports because it is regulated. Though with soo many online sites and ways for guys to gamble it has to be tempting for refs.

Gimme a break man. Every time you post about the NBA, it's all negative. Don't pretend you don't take a little glee in this story, and would love to see the NBA suffer.

Again, if it were the players shaving points, that would be a different story. Let's talk in a year when the whole thing has blown over and your hyperbole has proven to be just a lot of hot air.

How many Stephon Marbury FREE shoe/clothes giveaway posts do I put up? About ONE per week. How is that negative towards the NBA??? Give me a break.

How about the Derek Fisher story and his sick daughter? Was that negative??? Not my fault there are more negative stories than positive ones

Please! Hyperbole and hot air? I DIDN'T REPORT THIS STORY!!!!! THE AP DID!! I just posted a link to the story! You got a ref fixing games and your mad at me!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Game Fixing, Point Shaving..........spin it anyway you want. It's all the same

You had a REF determining the OUTCOMES of games. What if the point spread is only 1 or 2. And he is shaving points then?? That's fixing. Almost all of these NBA games are so close and so tight, and come down to the final 2 minutes anyway. That means the REF is picking the winner esentially.

And most of these NBA games have very very very low point spreads anyway.

This will certainly be the best point shaving scame, because this time instead of players its the ref. Wait till ESPN and others get the name, they will review countless hours of tape to bring you a top 10 Phantom Fouls list.

And I don't want to hear the NBA reviews each call of every game. WHO CARES!! You think the NBA will go public and say we have a ref who is blind as a bat and horrible. So that BIG playoff game we all enjoyed is tarnished!!

NO, they say here is the call. They put their "POSITIVE SPIN" on it and try to talk their way out of it. See technically he was right.

The NBA will NEVER throw refs under the bus over calls.

Game Fixing, Point Shaving..........spin it anyway you want. It's all the same

You had a REF determining the OUTCOMES of games. What if the point spread is only 1 or 2. And he is shaving points then?? That's fixing. Almost all of these NBA games are so close and so tight, and come down to the final 2 minutes anyway. That means the REF is picking the winner esentially.

And most of these NBA games have very very very low point spreads anyway.

If people knew how well Vegas sets the lines and how much a foul or two will kill you when betting NBA. People have lost countless numbers of dollars betting on a game the ref was helping determine the final score. Sports books lost countless dollars in NBA action today for seasons to come thats for sure..

Back
Top Bottom