MERGED: Northcutt and Collins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Northcutt and Collins

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Northcutt and Collins

Well Collins signed with the Raiders and Nortcutt resigned with the Browns, so anyone hoping the Fins would sign either of these two looks like they're off the list.

Great news, I was still worried that Miami could've signed Collins. one more veteran qb off the list

Why you worried Circle??Collins sucks. AJ FEELEY is way better than Kerry Collins. No comparison. I am so glad we didn't sign him. :)

^^^looks like some other people in this thread must be smoking some doobies like bush is in that pic.Feely is way better? what has he accomplished? NOTHING! collins is better.. just look at the stats..no comparison indeed

finzfan4life said:
Why you worried Circle??Collins sucks. AJ FEELEY is way better than Kerry Collins. No comparison. I am so glad we didn't sign him. :)
like FLACRW stated below, Collins is a proven QB, Feeley has done nothing

Collins has the big arm and the game experience. And that arm makes you salivate. Unfortunately, he's probably at a point in his career where he'll never get any better, and instead continue to decline.

CirclingWagons said:
Feeley has done nothing

Yeah and QUEENY has the sack record the last 2 seasons ......

woot.gif

Marino1983

yep Collins is a proven qb and that proven qb was told to sit the bench or take a hike. Feeley may do no better, then again he may. Look at Buffalo. they gambled they were getting the drew bledsoe of 92 not 02, ..........oops my bad they lost that one, well we hope to do better.

Collins is a Raider ???

NEW YORK - After refusing to take a pay cut with the New York Giants, it appears Kerry Collins is headed to the Oakland Raiders.

The New York Daily News is reporting that the veteran quarterback has agreed to a three-year contract with the Raiders.

Collins had visited with the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens, where former Giants coach Jim Fassel serves as a consultant, but reportedly decided to go to the Raiders.

That likely means the end of quarterback Rich Gannon's days in Oakland. The 38-year-old Gannon is coming off shoulder surgery that shortened his 2003 season and is due to make $7 million in 2004. With Gannon unwilling to take a pay cut, the Raiders turned to Collins, who has passed for more than 3,000 yards each of the past four seasons

So how long should it take us to call Rich G.'s agent??

I dont think were going to make a move on Rich, He is too much $$$ for how old he is.

finzfan4life said:

Feeley has nothing on Kerry Collins. When Feeley played, he did nothing to prove that he was better than Collins. He doesn't have the arm strength that Collins has. Also, Collins has a lot more experience. I would take Collins over Feeley.

You can't justify saying that Feeley is better then Collins. Feeley was a backup for most of his college career, and has never been an NFL starter, and there is a reason for all of that. Collins isn't great but he has done a lot more than Feeley has. Feeley was mediocre at best in his 5 games with the Eagles.

I would rather the dolphins to get Muhammad and keep Fiedler. Collins is better than Fielder or could be better. He is just way inconsistent I have always pulled for collins to do well. I wish him all the best with the Raiders.

rickeyrunsover said:
yep Collins is a proven qb and that proven qb was told to sit the bench or take a hike. Feeley may do no better, then again he may. Look at Buffalo. they gambled they were getting the drew bledsoe of 92 not 02, ..........oops my bad they lost that one, well we hope to do better.
Drew Bledsoe went to the probowl in 02 :goof:

I won't put down Drew Bledsoe he has made the dolphins defense look bad more than once. I remember in a interview in 96 or 97 were he said that he was better than Dan Marino that kind of pissed me off but that weekend Marino and the dolphins beat the patriots so we found out.

Back
Top Bottom