MERGED: Northcutt and Collins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Northcutt and Collins

I think this is great! In the Finheaven General Manager League, I signed Kerry Collins to the Raiders :D

finphan said:
Please, don't let the Gannon rumors start!
I'm pretty sure Gannon still has at least one year left in him. Plus we now have his old offensive coordinator who arguably made him into great qb. With our new offensive weapons, this could be an interesting conversation.

P.S. I know it would never happen, my hopes are not up.

rand0m said:
I'm pretty sure Gannon still has at least one year left in him. Plus we now have his old offensive coordinator who arguably made him into great qb. With our new offensive weapons, this could be an interesting conversation.

P.S. I know it would never happen, my hopes are not up.

Gannon goes against everything that we are trying to accomplish at the QB spot. We are trying to get a QB with a deep arm to take advantage of the speed we have with CC, Boston, and Randy to open up the short passing game to Ricky and Konrad, and help get the 8th man out of the box. Collins isn't a great QB, but with the lack of true talent at the postion these days you would have to put him on the top 10 to 15 starting QBs in the NFL right now. Head and shoulders above the guys we have. I am not sure if I would want to break the bank on him since he did struggle at times with a pretty good group of WRs. To discredit him because of his age and the fact the Giants got Eli isn't really fair. He is only 31, and hasn't played every season since he came out of Penn St, so he doesn't have the milage of a typical 31 year old. He did get injured last year, but that was his only notable injury thus far. To the fact that the Giants got Eli, I give that no credit. It was a joke of a move by the G man. They had gaping holes on their o-line, and having the chance to take a guy that could of helped this team win right now over a guy who might be good in a couple of years when every player on your team that is any good(besides Shocky) will be well past their prime was crazy. I sports anouncer down here that is a Giant fan was appauled by the move. They had a very servicable QB, and instead of keeping draft picks and getting a corner stone at what is probably the most important postion on the o-line sealed the fait that guys like Barber, Strahan, and Toomer will never play another meaning full game with the Giants again.

iceblizzard69 said:
Feeley has nothing on Kerry Collins. When Feeley played, he did nothing to prove that he was better than Collins. He doesn't have the arm strength that Collins has. Also, Collins has a lot more experience. I would take Collins over Feeley.

You can't justify saying that Feeley is better then Collins. Feeley was a backup for most of his college career, and has never been an NFL starter, and there is a reason for all of that. Collins isn't great but he has done a lot more than Feeley has. Feeley was mediocre at best in his 5 games with the Eagles.
you're flat out wrong Ice, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Have you actually watched any of Feeleys games or do you think you can make a judgement about a QBs play from simply looking at stats?

If you haven't seen him play, it's probably better if you let this play out before you make anymore extreme comments like this. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Don't take my word for it, I've got copies of his games on tape. Muck and Phinzone( a known detractor of the Feeley aquisition) both will have theirs before the end of the week, slowly but, surely I will get these things copied and eventually I will send you the tapes if you'd like, and then I challenge you to tell me that Feeley is only mediocre...

I doubt Rich Gannon would request a lot of money due to his injuries and age. I want the best QB to win the job, I don't care who it is. If it's Gannon, then fine. May the best man win

InFINS, I would absolutely relish the opportunity to scour those tapes...

I would even do a makeshift Spielman analysis on them for the site if thats what it took to get hold of the tapes.

If Gannon gets cut, look for some rumors about him following Trestman to the Dolphins...but don't look for it to happen.

If Muhsin Muhammad gets cut, look for the Dolphins to make him an offer. It might not be a competitive offer, but it will be an offer. None of the potential 3rd WRs have emerged as the guy that will step in as a starter if D-Boss or Chambers goes down. It would go to Thompson just because of his experience, and if Derrius does not make vast improvement, having him start is like having only one WR on the field...the only purpose D-Thomps served was making sure Chambers didn't get triple teamed by two corners and a safety...because obviously one safety was always close to the line of scrimmage to contain Ricky and the other safety was covering over top of Chambers.

If we got a Muhsin Muhammad we could assure that putting a 3-WR set on the field would be a strength for us, and so would putting in a 2-WR set with a TE and FB. We would also be insured against injury, because we could lose D-Boss or Chambers for a short period without missing a beat.

Some numbers to chew on ... I've posted them before.

QB K. Collins
==========
Career TD's - 132 / INT's 134 in 123 GAMES
TD/INT ratio = 0.99
QB rating = 73.1

J. Fielder AND AJ Feeley Combined
==========================
Career TD's - 69 / INT's 64 INT's in 73 GAMES
TD/INT ratio = 1.08
QB rating = 78.1 & 79.3

ckparrothead said:
InFINS, I would absolutely relish the opportunity to scour those tapes...

I would even do a makeshift Spielman analysis on them for the site if thats what it took to get hold of the tapes.

If Gannon gets cut, look for some rumors about him following Trestman to the Dolphins...but don't look for it to happen.

If Muhsin Muhammad gets cut, look for the Dolphins to make him an offer. It might not be a competitive offer, but it will be an offer. None of the potential 3rd WRs have emerged as the guy that will step in as a starter if D-Boss or Chambers goes down. It would go to Thompson just because of his experience, and if Derrius does not make vast improvement, having him start is like having only one WR on the field...the only purpose D-Thomps served was making sure Chambers didn't get triple teamed by two corners and a safety...because obviously one safety was always close to the line of scrimmage to contain Ricky and the other safety was covering over top of Chambers.

If we got a Muhsin Muhammad we could assure that putting a 3-WR set on the field would be a strength for us, and so would putting in a 2-WR set with a TE and FB. We would also be insured against injury, because we could lose D-Boss or Chambers for a short period without missing a beat.
check your PMs...

FLACRW said:
^^^looks like some other people in this thread must be smoking some doobies like bush is in that pic.Feely is way better? what has he accomplished? NOTHING! collins is better.. just look at the stats..no comparison indeed

If you just compare career stats both Fiedler & Feeley are better. Collins has better gross numbers because of the offenses he's played in.
Yards per attempt: JF 6.81, AJ 6.87, KC 6.59 (6.82)
TD/A: JF 24.8, AF 21, KC 30.3 (30.5)
INT/A: JF 26.1, AF 28, KC 30 (35).
Comp%: JF 57, AF 57.1, KC 55.8 (58.5)
The 2nd numbers for KC are just Giants stats and IMO the improvement had more to do with Fassel than KC.

No doobie smokers here at work, just boredom.

I dont really want Gannon to sign with us, really. I read something about how his shoulder is still a lil screwy, and he was missing all kinds of passes in Raiders' mini-camps. Whether its true or not idk, but I dont like the sound of it. Even if he was healthy, though, he still doesnt really fit with what we're trying to do on offense (more deep passes)

inFINSible said:
you're flat out wrong Ice, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Have you actually watched any of Feeleys games or do you think you can make a judgement about a QBs play from simply looking at stats?

If you haven't seen him play, it's probably better if you let this play out before you make anymore extreme comments like this. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Don't take my word for it, I've got copies of his games on tape. Muck and Phinzone( a known detractor of the Feeley aquisition) both will have theirs before the end of the week, slowly but, surely I will get these things copied and eventually I will send you the tapes if you'd like, and then I challenge you to tell me that Feeley is only mediocre...

I watched parts of his games against the Cowboys and Giants and I was not impressed at all. He was pretty average. I just wasn't impressed.

As for his stats, they aren't great either. His QB rating and completion percentage were both low.

Feeley has done nothing to justify giving up a second rounder for him, and nothing to justify a 5 year, 18 million dollar contract. We overpaid.

Back
Top Bottom