Merged: Saban and Capers visit FSU check out Wimbley at FSU on Wednesday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban and Capers visit FSU check out Wimbley at FSU on Wednesday

NickJr.

Section 436 Stand UP!
Reaction score
From thursday's sentinel
www.sun-sentinel.com/sports

Saban visits FSU

Saban visited Florida State's campus Wednesday as part of the team's pre-draft scouting, a source said. FSU has four projected first-round picks -- linebacker Ernie Sims, outside linebacker/defensive end Kamerion Wimbley, defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley and cornerback Antonio Cromartie -- who play positions that the Dolphins may have interest in addressing. ... South Carolina free safety Ko Simpson and Texas El-Paso linebacker Thomas Howard have taken pre-draft visits to Dolphins headquarters. ... The Houston Texans will take Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush or North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams with the first pick in Saturday's draft, General Manager Charley Casserly said.

I would really love to land any of the big 4. All of them would fit well into Saban's schemes. Not to mention, Pat Watkins would be a nice pickup in the 3rd.

Damn, I wish I would've run into him today. Ernie Sims is an absolute beast and I think he'd be a great pick up.

Saban and Capers check out Wimbley at FSU on Wednesday

It appears Saban, Capers, and some other Fins assistant coaches were up here in Tallahassee on Wednesday at the FSU practice fields where they had a private workout with Kamerion Wimbley, Leon Washington, Antonio Cromartie, Ernie Sims, Sam McGrew, and Pat Watkins. Apparently Saban told Wimbley that if the Fins take him he'd be spending time at DE and OLB, much like Jason Taylor does now. Also, the Fins may be eyeying Leon Washington in the later rounds as a solid backup for Ronnie.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=538626

I wouldn't mind Wimbley, Watkins, and Washington either. You could also throw Bunkley and Cromartie in their too.

those there are GREAT players adn watkins from what i know is a playmaker so tahts huge. anyone know his tackling ability? hitting? and 40 time?

SR 7 said:
those there are GREAT players adn watkins from what i know is a playmaker so tahts huge. anyone know his tackling ability? hitting? and 40 time?
Watkins is a good tackler but I wouldn't call him a big hitter or intimidator. 4.42 40 at the Combine and a 4.08 short shuttle at his Pro Day.

Geforce said:
Watkins is a good tackler but I wouldn't call him a big hitter or intimidator. 4.42 40 at the Combine and a 4.08 short shuttle at his Pro Day.

agreed but the phins are looking for a safety that can cover

From what I hear, Javon Walker was also in tallahassee at the time. Maybe they could be working out a deal.

Back
Top Bottom