Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Laveranues Coles Thread

I apologize if it doesn't end up being true. The ESPN Radio guy said what he said. I wasn't the only person that heard it and subsequently reported it to a message board. There was a post immediately about it on Big Blue Interactive, and another one on a Jets board.

The other Dolphins site has info on this too

You may want to close down this thread. Realdriscoll just started a thread based on the thread I started in the club level of a different message board.

I've addressed this in the Official Coles Thread. The sportscenter guy ESPN Radio did say it, but it is not reported anywhere else right now and it is entirely possible the ESPN Radio guy meant Crowder, not Coles.

Posters at Giants and Jets boards heard the same thing and similarly posted about it, same as I did. Realdrscoll, however, did not hear it on ESPN Radio. He's just lifting the info off what I posted on the other board.

I don't see this as much of an upgrade, quite honestly. He's been in the league for 10 yrs has had 3 1000 yd seasons and the last two seasons were averaging about 700 yds. Camarillo and Ginn can do that.:confused:

well you are right they prob can do that but it doesnt hurt to have another one of those cause i highly doubt wilford and london can produce that much.

have fun with your over priced bust bart scott, can you say adalius thomas, who do you have a WR now ?

Your calling Scott a bust? Coles is a great addition for your guys, teamed with Penny again, thats a great combo. We have other good WR's on the team, not as experienced as Coles but nonetheless, speedy. Not to mention the fact that we are going WR in round #1, hello Nicks!!

YES!!!!!! chicken cavatelli primavera and a frosty for dessert for me!!!!

You may want to close down this thread. Realdriscoll just started a thread based on the thread I started in the club level of a different message board.

I've addressed this in the Official Coles Thread. The sportscenter guy ESPN Radio did say it, but it is not reported anywhere else right now and it is entirely possible the ESPN Radio guy meant Crowder, not Coles.

Posters at Giants and Jets boards heard the same thing and similarly posted about it, same as I did. Realdrscoll, however, did not hear it on ESPN Radio. He's just lifting the info off what I posted on the other board.

me too this was posted once before and was quickly removed and here it is again

Wasn't removed...merged with the "Official Laveraneus Coles Thread"...the other time it was reported by ckparrothead, so it WAS on ESPN radio. Its just a matter of whether or not they had it right.

rotoworld news wire 2:00 pm

The Bills are hosting free agent Laveranues Coles on Friday.

pixel-1.gif
Buffalo's search for a No. 2 wideout to steer attention away from Lee Evans has been halfhearted to this point. Signing Coles would make a statement. Coles is thought to be in search of a three- to four-year deal. He's probably asking for $7-8M annually, but could come down some. In Buffalo he'd play flanker, a position he's more cut out for at this stage of his career. He's fearless going over the middle and would be a huge help to Trent Edwards.
Source: Buffalo News

What I think is interesting, if signing Coles proves to be true, is that we either signed him without a visit, we visited him where he was located, or we're having visits that nobody knows about and weren't announced. In any event, in light of this I give you another tidbit:

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

02/27...Sirius NFL Radio reports the deal between the New York Jets and linebacker Bart Scott has not been completed and the Baltimore Ravens are still making a list ditch effort to re-sign their linebacker.
So if Scott's deal isn't done yet and Miami is playing 'cloak and dagger' with their signings & visits, our FO may still be working some things we don't know about... or thought were signed, sealed, & delivered to someone else.

Bart Scott is making the Jets sweat it out.
Scott's agent and the Jets have agreed in principle on a five-year contract worth roughly $40 million, but Scott has called Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome to give his old/current team a chance to match, according to a league source.
Late last night, before the start of free agency, the Ravens offered about $37.5 million over five, including $24 million in the first three years - an $8 million-a-year average that would equal what the Jets are offering over the length of the deal.
It's believed that Scott still is at the Jets' facility. If he jilts the Jets, it would conjure up memories of the Antoine Winfield dusting in 2004.
Earlier today, the agent, Harold Lewis, told me he had agreed to the basic parameters of a deal with the Jets, but that he was waiting for Scott's okay - still waiting, I suppose.
Meanwhile, there's a development on the Chris Kemoeatu front. Earlier, I reported that the Steelers had dropped out of the bidding - and that's true - but I'm told that he continues to call Steeler officials, hoping to work something out. The Jets are offering a contract that averages $4.2 million-a-year, believed to be higher than the Steelers' offer, but Kemoeatu is said to be torn.
His best friend is Jets DT Sione Pouha, a former teammate at Utah. Who could've ever imagined that Pouha would emerge as a key figure in an intense showdown for a free agent?

pixel-1.gif
Buffalo's search for a No. 2 wideout to steer attention away from Lee Evans has been halfhearted to this point. Signing Coles would make a statement. Coles is thought to be in search of a three- to four-year deal. He's probably asking for $7-8M annually, but could come down some. In Buffalo he'd play flanker, a position he's more cut out for at this stage of his career. He's fearless going over the middle and would be a huge help to Trent Edwards.
Source: Buffalo News

For that price.. let the Bills overpay for him.. I wouldn't give Coles more than 3-4 mil a year.

Back
Top Bottom