Merged: Troy Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Troy Smith

C

chada456

Can somebody explain to me why hes not worth 1st round pick status? His TD/Int Ratio is insane. Hes mobile , good accurate arm. He knows one thing- how to win! He plays against the toughest competition in the biggest stadiums. Yes hes on the short side but look at Garcia or better yet, look at Brees (Im sure there are many more shorter Qbs , just cant think of any more) Smith could be a more mobile, faster Brees and that could be a great fit for a Miami Offense team that has a weak offensive line.

After Mondays game. He,s stock will hit the roof. Look at Vince young

there's about 6 inches between them, and Young is a lot faster.

Smith might make his way into the late first, but his height will do him in. He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees; carried his team, put up insane numbers, fairly mobile (Brees was a bit of a scrambler in college), but they're both barely 6'.

It really doesn't matter what he does in the bowl game, top 15 pick because of his height.

so lets say he plays really well, his stock soars.. so now we have 3 maybe 4 qbs with top 10 status-- russell, quinn, smith - if he plays well, and brohm - if he declares.. and ill throw in brennan as a wild card

Smith might make his way into the late first, but his height will do him in. He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees; carried his team, put up insane numbers, fairly mobile (Brees was a bit of a scrambler in college), but they're both barely 6'.

It really doesn't matter what he does in the bowl game, top 15 pick because of his height.
If he reminds u a lot of Brees, why not get him with the 1st pick. And many draft boards dont have him in the 1st round, let alone the top 15 pick

He's not even 6 feet.. Ive seen him in real life, and Chris Leak is taller than this kid! Thats bad..

His arm isnt nearly as strong as Vince Young, nor does he have Vince Young's speed or game breaking ability.

He'll be a great pickup for someone in the 2nd round

Hes pretty mobile and reminds me a lot of Quincy Carter. He's like a more accurate DJ Shockley ( Shockley is taller, though.. with a stronger arm ) but Smith has more accuracy.

If he reminds u a lot of Brees, why not get him with the 1st pick. And many draft boards dont have him in the 1st round, let alone the top 15 pick

because more than likely we'll be able to grab him in the second, and I'd rather get a QB like Smith in the second, and a true gamebreaker at 9 (whether that be a WR, CB, LB,DE, DT) Than reach and listen to everybody bash us.

because more than likely we'll be able to grab him in the second, and I'd rather get a QB like Smith in the second, and a true gamebreaker at 9 (whether that be a WR, CB, LB,DE, DT) Than reach and listen to everybody bash us.

I personally dont think Smith goes into the 2nd round unless he plays poorly against UF, but it would be interesting to trade to a late 1st round pick to get Smith and get 2 2nd round picks and pickup something like a CB and an OL/or DT.. I believe u can find WR/LBs in later rounds

b/c of his height.

Here are the shortest round one signal callers in the last decade or so:

2005 - Aaron Rodgers (6-2)
2004 - J.P. Losman (6-2)
2003 - Rex Grossman (6-1)
2001 - Michael Vick (6-0)
1999 - Cade McNown (6-1)
1994 - Heath Shuler (6-2)

they all pretty much suck.

but his stock will rise if he does good on Monday....then I see him as a mid-late 1st round

Can somebody explain to me why hes not worth 1st round pick status? His TD/Int Ratio is insane. Hes mobile , good accurate arm. He knows one thing- how to win! He plays against the toughest competition in the biggest stadiums. Yes hes on the short side but look at Garcia or better yet, look at Brees (Im sure there are many more shorter Qbs , just cant think of any more) Smith could be a more mobile, faster Brees and that could be a great fit for a Miami Offense team that has a weak offensive line.

nebraska and oklahoma QBs knew how to win and won heismans, that didn't mean they could play in the NFL. smith is less than 6 feet tall, and as far as playing against the toughest competition, the big 10 was weak and OSU played 2 teams with winning records out of it, and a soft out of conference schedule. depending on who declares like russel and brohm, will determine how many QBs are taken ahead of him which pushes him further down the draft.

b/c of this stat.

Here are the shortest round one signal callers in the last decade or so:

2005 - Aaron Rodgers (6-2)
2004 - J.P. Losman (6-2)
2003 - Rex Grossman (6-1)
2001 - Michael Vick (6-0)
1999 - Cade McNown (6-1)
1994 - Heath Shuler (6-2)

they all pretty much suck

can't judge rodgers just yet, but the rest of the list you are right on

vince young is 7-8 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier, faster, has a better arm...wait where is the comparison to young?

Because he is a shrimp like Michael Vick.

Back
Top Bottom