MERGED: UCF Fans!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: UCF Fans!!!

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am a UCF student and a huge football fan (of both the Knights and Dolphins). I was wondering if there where any other Knight fans on this site and I wanted to invite you to a UCF Message board. The link is: http://ucf.rivals.com/forum.asp

I post as A UCF KNIGHT.

I am a UCF student and a huge football fan (of both the Knights and Dolphins). I was wondering if there where any other Knight fans on this site and I wanted to invite you to a UCF Message board. The link is: http://ucf.rivals.com/forum.asp

I post as A UCF KNIGHT.

If I told you who I was on that board, I'd have to kill you. :)

It was like only yesterday (2004) that any UCF fan I'd see on here as a lurker or on the UCF message board I'd actually know personally. There's a ton of support now...thanks to a dedication by the current administration to kick it up a notch...oh, and winning helps too.

The support is finally coming in because of many reasons. The on-campus stadium helped out a lot, as did winning.

The students are definatley showing up to the games and shaking the stadium. I think it is only a matter of time before the Alumni start to show up in mass numbers to support thier school. We need to erase thier memories of losing year in and year out.

Hey fellow Knights!

Glad someone started a new UCF thread!
Wasn't real happy with the last one.
Good job Publix sub guy!

Big challenge in losing Kevin Smith.
Hopefully the team was more than just him and we have other talent waiting to move up.

I'm a UCF alumni and a supporter of the Miami Hurricanes :wink: but I love and support Golden Knights as well.

The support is finally coming in because of many reasons. The on-campus stadium helped out a lot, as did winning.

The students are definatley showing up to the games and shaking the stadium. I think it is only a matter of time before the Alumni start to show up in mass numbers to support thier school. We need to erase thier memories of losing year in and year out.

I'm going to correct you because I expect more from my fellow Knights...

It's DEFINITELY, not definately.

It's THEIR, not thier. :) (probably just quick typing I figure)

All out of black and gold love my friend. You just struck one of my peeves man.

I'm going to correct you because I expect more from my fellow Knights...

It's DEFINITELY, not definately.

It's THEIR, not thier. :) (probably just quick typing I figure)

All out of black and gold love my friend. You just struck one of my peeves man.
Typo's, my bad. I just figured that most people on a NFL website don't care about grammer (LOL....it's a joke). However on the Rivals board spelling is a prime issue.

As far as losing Kevin Smith, I think losing him will hurt us but not a lot. I still am expecting a winning season and a bowl game. Phillip Smith should fill in nicely for him, but has had fumblitis in the past. We also picked up a really good RB from New York Latavious Murry (spelling?) that is 6'3 like 220; he is a 3-star recruit and is a beast from what I have heard.

Our Defense didn't lose many people, only Duzable and Shalagan (personal favorite), but we did lose our Defensive Coordinator to Houston.

QB will be the biggest concern for me. We have a pair of great young WRs, now who will give them the ball? It could be lil' Whetherford, Greco, or a Freshman from New York Calabrese.

From what I've heard, Weatherford can and probably will win the QB job. Philip may have the most experience, but he is going to be back to square one come training camp...and Ronnie Weaver and all the freshmen coming in WILL push him or take his job.

As you may recall, 24k won his starting spot only 2 or 3 games into his freshman season.

I'm also a UCF student and big Dolphin fan (who gets pissed when we get Jags games instead of Dolphin games).

This upcoming season will be an interesting one. Will we go with the slightly more experienced Greco at QB, or Weatherford? Will 30p be able to hold onto the RB job with the influx of freshmen?

I was also excited for our basketball team (especially after the first game I went to... the triple OT victory over Tulsa) but since then we've lost 2 straight to lowly SMU and UAB. Going to the Houston game tonight though so hopefully we can turn it around.

With Signing day approaching UCF is ranked with the 58th place recruiting class right behind USF at 57th. UCF stills struggles with landing top recruits even with their improvements and one of the top campuses in the nation.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2008&Page=3&PosType=0&Sort=0

They are in the running for 4 star CB Brandon Harris from Miami who has UCF up there with UM and OSU as his top 3.

Lets hope they can set a precedent for top tier recruits coming in by stealing this kid late.

Word coming out is Brandon Harris was blown away by his visit and will commit there today!!!!

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020608aaa.html

Well here's info on the class.

Was hoping to continue strides forward in recruiting that they had been making the last few years. They got a solid class higher percentage of 3 star recruits over past years but failed to attract any top tier 4 star players after hitting that goal last year on one.

Solid class but a little dissapointing as well.

Back
Top Bottom