MERGED: Wednesday 08/04/04 Morning - TWO REPORTS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Wednesday 08/04/04 Morning - TWO REPORTS

FinFlurry
I sometimes wonder if you are really paying attention and getting the players numbers mixed up?

Finsflurry said:
Disclaimer: I got there late, left early, and couldn't see well. If I mess up anything, too bad.

Lowlight: One play where R-Mac was slow to get up, scary moment, looked like he got hit in the head, but he bounced back up so WHEW!

I was not sure who it was, but I had thought at the time it was Sammy Morris, but i'll take your word on it since all I saw was the Number ! on the back from where I sat. But what happened was one of the lineman was still engaged as the play ended, and he fell right on top of his stomach. He had the wind knocked out of him.

Very nice. This is encouraging to hear. This team is still very talented across the board. It's going to be tough to endure the early part of the season. Plays will be there and we might not hit them simply because everyone (including the coaching staff) is still trying to get comfy and learn. But if they can at least hit enough to stay in and win games, and the offensive line can give the offensive backfield room and time, the rest will come later. And down the stretch, when everyone is starting to hit their stride and gel, THAT'S when we make our push.

I'm talking about the offense of course. The defense remains as is, if not better.

This is very much like what Tampa Bay endured in 2002. Only they were not as talented offensively as we are. Their OL was horrible. They had no WRs to stretch the field. And their offensive backfield wasn't anything special. But that OL found it's mark down the stretch. And the offense started scoring points. Meanwhile, the D held it down all year, chipping in with several defensive scores.

Dolphanaholic said:
FinFlurry
I sometimes wonder if you are really paying attention and getting the players numbers mixed up?

haha that would be funny

Thx FinsFlurry & BlitzKrieg! Appreciate it alot!

Have you noticed Sammy Knight at all? I was hoping for a big year out of him. Hes been fairly quiet in Miami, and was thinking he might have a breakout year. But I dont think ive heard his name at all in anyones TC reports? So, anything u noticing at all?

Was there as well. Boston was held out of everythig except the walk thrus(no explanation yet), so thats he was not active today. Flurry was accurate with the exception of that bc it was DT and Newson that made some of the catches mentioned earlier. Chambers also was held out after the red zone drill TDs bc of an upper right leg injury. It was wrapped with ice and he did not participate the rest of the way, but he was outstanding till that pt. Will Poole I believe also was forced to leave, but Im not exactly sure why.
I would agree that both QBs had moments but this was the best ive seen AJ so far, as he had a nice rhythm with Chris today. Jay was ran the 2 min drill very well to end practice, very smooth running with mostly the #2s in the drill.
Our young LBs were very active today especially Bua. He forced 2 fumbles and put a nice lick on Russell, even though it was supposed to be a non tackling day.

Back
Top Bottom