Merged: What about Pete Kendall as C/RG? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: What about Pete Kendall as C/RG?

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pete Kendall Released

Veteran center released by the Cardinals would we be interested in him? Sorry if this has been posted already. Would be nice to have another veteran olineman hell he'd be our oldest lineman @ 31 years old.

What about Pete Kendall as C/RG?

Hi there!

I just read that the Cardinals released their starting C/G! He would be a good addition to our line. We definitely need some help/experience at RG! Opinions?

Sorry for my english

Matt from Germany

Das good English, Matt. Only you're a little late, someone else posted that, but kudos for the effort! :D

I`m a victim of the time zones! i just read it this morning ( it is now 9.43 o´clock CET)! i guess it won´t be the last time!

I think that would be a nice pickup. Throw him in the mix at RG; he's GOT to be an improvement over Jerman or Whitley. He made the Pro Bowl not long ago, I think. Not sure why the Cardinals released him; that line now has Leonard Davis and LJ Shelton playing the same position (their two best guys), and a whole bunch of nothing.

phunwin said:
I think that would be a nice pickup. Throw him in the mix at RG; he's GOT to be an improvement over Jerman or Whitley. He made the Pro Bowl not long ago, I think. Not sure why the Cardinals released him; that line now has Leonard Davis and LJ Shelton playing the same position (their two best guys), and a whole bunch of nothing.

From what I hear, Kendall may have been released as retaliation by Dennis Green for someone blowing the whistle on training camp routines. Pete Kendall would DEFINITELY be an upgrade over who we have at right guard, and possible could compete for the starting center position. MAKE THE MOVE RICK!!!!!!

if we are so lacking, and he is so much of an improvement..then i dont see why this deal wouldnt happen...lets hope

Cardinals Release Starter Kendall

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1850565&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

#66 Pete Kendall
clear.gif

Height: 6-5
Weight: 279 lbs.
Pos: Center

Born: July 9, 1973, Quincy, MA
Drafted: 1996, 1st Round, 21st Pick by Seattle Seahawks.
Experience: 9 years
College: Boston College

Article says he has started at center and gaurd the last couple years. An option for RG?

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to pick up anyone the Cardinals released. Their run game last year was terrible.

Nr. 54 said:
Hi there!

I just read that the Cardinals released their starting C/G! He would be a good addition to our line. We definitely need some help/experience at RG! Opinions?

Sorry for my english

Matt from Germany
Matt,

You're English is better than many posts I've read just this morning!

I agree... any O-lineman is worth looking into, especially considering the timing... we'd most likely be able to get him for practically nothing!

However, you can bet that the Cardinals let him go for a good reason, especially considering AZ has one of the league's worst O-lines (so I've recently read in The Sporting News).

I heard the same thing as Pope Shula; that Kendall was released in retaliation for blowing in Denny Green for running practices that violated NFLPA guidelines.

At 31, there's no way in hell that he's too old. And the Cardinals OL wasn't great, but their problems weren't due to Kendall by any means. My only concern is that at 279, he may need some help with bigger DTs. But we definitely should pick him up if there's an opportunity. Maybe knowing Jerry Sullivan the last few years will help.

Kendall would without a doubt be an upgrade, the cardinals line may not have performed the best but their was some serious talent on the line. I had heard he was also released due to complaining about camp conditions/practices, but also it had been made known a while back i believe that green thought kendall was over rated, so it makes sense to use him as an example. I think he could help us and it wouldn't hurt to find out.

I'm not sure why we haven't heard anything. Whatever happened to the FO's vow to keep an eye on the wire during training camp? Is Jerman that good? Or are they suffering from tunnel vision...

Greg Jerman hasn't proven s--t to me in any game to tell me he's the answer. Speilman should look into getting Kendall in here. CLEAR upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom