MERGED: What Ricky says... / Role Model | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: What Ricky says... / Role Model

fins513

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So ricky wants to be a real role model

i guess fans worldwide lovin you like a god isn't good enough this is selfish to say the least.

What Ricky says...

"To reapply myself to this thing, I am focusing on my true fans. A good friend of mine who lives in L.A. told me a story last night about a school she visited. While at the school, she noticed a vocabulary lesson with my name in it. The class was working on words, and one of the words was 'aggressive.' The little girl wrote "Rickey plays football very aggressively." When I heard this story, I was overcome with a sense of disappointment. Not disappointment over the fact that she spelled my name wrong, but I was disappointed at myself for sometimes forgetting my real fans, like that little girl. It rarely occurs to me that anyone outside of my friends and family pay much attention to me that way. The way kids hang my posters in their rooms, the way they wake up early on Sunday mornings eagerly waiting to see me play, or the way the 3 and the 4 are falling off their "Ricky Williams" jersey because they wear it everyday. Not the way people in a restaurant hear that a football player is seated across from them, disturb my meal to ask me if I play football, if I start, what team do I play for, and ask for an autograph. Not the way they come up to me to tell me the Dolphins suck, and ask me to put down my teammates. To me, that's not a fan. I could go on forever. But who wants to be negative? Not me. Back to the little girl: The story made me realize that their are people who are really interested and touched by my personal account of my daily life"

Ricky Williams from last journal entry on www.run-ricky-run.com

Looks like Ricky has forgotten about his "real" fans for good... Forgotten about the people that wake up early on sunday mornings (like us) and eagerly wait to see him play... Forgot about the people "who are really interested and touched" by his daily life...

Ricky, not like you care, but you've broken many, MANY hearts this day...

In this regard, you couldn't be more wrong.

You can't play for the fans. You have to play for yourself, first and foremost. If you're playing for everyone else but yourself, you're in it for the wrong reasons. And you WILL NOT be happy. That goes for ALL walks of life.

Why would he even write that crap on his website then? I agree with u, Muck, but I just thought the irony in those few statements were disturbing... Even if Wanny somehow gets Ricky back, who in the world would WANT him back at this point... The guy obiviosly doesn't want to do this anymore. Kind of makes you think back to last year when he admitted he wasn't running as hard as he could. I'm sure it was on his mind even then...

well in a few weeks when there is a news report about ricky williams dead in some hotel in Asia due to an OD he'll realize that he was selfish but until he hits that point his me first attitude will live on.

Back
Top Bottom