MERGEDX10: Jets Fire Eric Mangini | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX10: Jets Fire Eric Mangini

Mangini was fired because of Vernon Golshton

he was fired because he drafted this guy. it was a greedy pick.
now the fins made everyone realize it

he was fired because he drafted this guy. it was a greedy pick.
now the fins made everyone realize it

I don't know who made the point. Though I heard somebody say that everybody had tabbed DeAngelo Williams a bust before this season also. Brett Favre was coming off of a great season. Chad Pennington got benched in favor of Kellen Clemens last year. I can't fault them for going for it and making that move.

Now the Jets are going to be in the market for a Qb either through the draft or maybe making a run at McNabb. I don't think Favre got comfortable in the Jets offense all season. Thomas Jones quietly had a very good season.

I'm wondering who they'll be looking at in terms of head coach. I do enjoy seeing the awkward moments between Belicheck and whoever the Jets coach is.

If the Jets went from 4-12 last season to 9-7 with Brett Favre that would be ok. But its the way they did it that is the problem.

They didnt go 4-12 to 9-7 they went 8-3 to 9-7. Thats a collapse and there is no other way around it. Mangini doesnt have a good enough track record to warrant him keeping his job.

I think Mike Francessa made a great point. They were driving against the Dolphins with 7 minutes left and when you looked at the Jets sideline there was no life in the players. Thats a problem.

I think this firing is also a good example that you should never crown a coach after one season. It's how you build on it.

That's because they knew it was just a matter of time before Favre would do what he does best...through INTs. In a way Favre was teasing them, but they knew it was coming.

Poor Jets.....we ended their season and Mangini's job. I bet Herm Edwards is going to be their next coach. Hopefully Cowher won't go there.
Reports are Bill Cowher is willing to talk with the Jets about the Head Coaching job. IMO the move to fire Mangini was to hire Bill Cowher, they are going to throw big bucks at him...

Anyways they also requested permission to speak with Steve Spagnoula the Giants DC about the Job also.

Cowher would be a great hire. Still they've gotta get a Qb of the future via the draft or free agency. It's an extremely weak year for Qb's. Bradford and Stafford are probably the only two who will be taken in the 1st rd. If they do decide to come out. I presume both will be gone way before the Jets pick.

If Matt Stafford enters, I see him being there at pick #17. He has some stuff to work on, big arm but has a lot to learn still. Don't see him entering though. Bradford is a lock at the 1st overall if he enters. He reminds me of Peyton Manning.

If Matt Stafford enters, I see him being there at pick #17. He has some stuff to work on, big arm but has a lot to learn still. Don't see him entering though. Bradford is a lock at the 1st overall if he enters. He reminds me of Peyton Manning.

Anything is possible. I really doubt Bradford and Stafford last that long. The Sr. draft class is extremely weak.

Back
Top Bottom