MERGEDX10: Jets Fire Eric Mangini | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX10: Jets Fire Eric Mangini

the best of all worlds for us would have been a coach swap between the Jest and Jills keeping them both in the conference.

That's good for us. The downward spiral continues.

That's good for us. The downward spiral continues.

Yep, Mangini was trying to build the Jets the right way. Through the draft, then this year to get fans excited about the new stadium to sell PSL's the over spent on marginal talent. The head coach had to be the fall guy. Class organization in NJ. Now the Jets are an estimated 26 million over the 2009 cap, no coach, and a 39 year old,washed-up QB.

I don't think is Mangini's fault, he didn't throw all those bad interceptions in the last three games..... but as always is the head coach fault. :rolleyes:

New York Jets fire Mangini

I am happy to hear this. Take Favre with him. Great to see the Dolphins cost him his job. I couldn't be happier for the Dolphins. what a season so far. Next week Baltimore, but we can get it done.

They said they want to keep Farve when they made that press release. He is under contract for another year.

Not sure that it matters, Brett will probably retire anyway. I hope they keep him, so we can get some more INTz next year. ;) :wink:

I think Favre knows it is time to quit. I don't think he wanted to be with the Jets anyway.

Next laugh from their personell decisions should come on draft day.

Poor Jets.....we ended their season and Mangini's job. I bet Herm Edwards is going to be their next coach. Hopefully Cowher won't go there.

I believe this firing was backlash from the horrible play calling during the Seahawks game last week. Eg: Feely kicked a 45yd FG easily but when a penalty backed them up to 50 they punted... also, going for it on 4th down from the Jets own 20 in the 4th quarter with 2+ min and all 3 time-outs.

Can't really blame Mangini for the lost against us yesterday; there were decent play calls but they were just executed poorly. Favre just wasn't getting it done.

If the Jets went from 4-12 last season to 9-7 with Brett Favre that would be ok. But its the way they did it that is the problem.

They didnt go 4-12 to 9-7 they went 8-3 to 9-7. Thats a collapse and there is no other way around it. Mangini doesnt have a good enough track record to warrant him keeping his job.

I think Mike Francessa made a great point. They were driving against the Dolphins with 7 minutes left and when you looked at the Jets sideline there was no life in the players. Thats a problem.

I think this firing is also a good example that you should never crown a coach after one season. It's how you build on it.

Back
Top Bottom