Merill Hoge on ESPN said..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merill Hoge on ESPN said.....

jgarMD

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Merill Hoge on ESPN was interviewed by Chris Mckenry regarding Ricky and his talk about masking agents. Hoge ended dissing Williams pretty good. He said (paraphrasing) --> Ricky exaggerates, He makes things up, He is selfish and that he was never thinking about anyone but himself....EVER. Yes, we allknow that. What was interetsing is that he said that if RW came back now, that he thinks the team and orgazination would defintelytake him back. He said that professional athletes could get past this, b/c they realize that RW can really help them win. He also said that losing RW will cost us 5 games. He thinks with RW we could have won 13 games. He says if we win 7 games that will be suprising. He did add that professional athletes are resileient so you never know what will happen.

Either way, I am sure that RW is done in professional football. The NFL is damn pissed he embarassed them with statements about the masking agents. RW is done in professional football. He is arguably the biggest joke in NFL history. He has now surpassed Ryan Leafs debacle.

Writing us off because of one player. We still have our D intact, and we still have playmakers on offense. If this were the third week of preseason and Feeley had looked terrible, minor averaging 2.5 ypc, and our o line getting pumbled routinely, then I'd tend to write us off. Until then however, no one really knows, especially the "experts" who cover all 32 teams and not just ours.

jgarMD said:
Either way, I am sure that RW is done in professional football. The NFL is damn pissed he embarassed them with statements about the masking agents. RW is done in professional football. He is arguably the biggest joke in NFL history. He has now surpassed Ryan Leafs debacle.
If the NFL seriously believes that the so-called masking agents don't work then Tagliabue is living on Fantasy Island.

And I still think that Ryan Leaf is the NFL's biggest joke. RW is just the Dolphins biggest joke.

DrewOldSchool said:
Wow. Thats worse than Ishtar.

Did you ever watch Ishtar?

Telling the truth is a terrible business, open and honest don't go hand in hand. If you tell someone you play the accordian, no one will invite you into their rock and roll band.

I lost all respect for Hoge a few years ago when Suzie Oliver joined the ESPN show with him and Jaws, I think it's NFL Edge. Oliver asked Hoge what it was like to go into a game and he said it was like the opening scence of Saving Pvt. Ryan. No, no, no. What a tool comparing getting hit in game to running up a beach head down the teeth of MG-42's.

The Chargers gave up their #1 and #2 in '98, and #1 in '99....along with two players......so they could trade up and take Leaf in 1998.

Leaf is still king. In addition to the picks, players, and contract it cost to get him....he had the "skills" AND the "personality" to boot. :lol:

FYI - The Cardinals used those picks on Andre Wadsworth, Corey Chavous, and David Boston.

Muck said:
The Chargers gave up their #1 and #2 in '98, and #1 in '99....along with two players......so they could trade up and take Leaf in 1998.

Leaf is still king. In addition to the picks, players, and contract it cost to get him....he had the "skills" AND the "personality" to boot. :lol:

FYI - The Cardinals used those picks on Andre Wadsworth, Corey Chavous, and David Boston.
That certainly makes Leaf the leader, but you have to admit, Ricky has to be a close 2nd.2 years and 2 first round picks, a week before camp opens he retires,and he makes fun at the NFL by telling them he has fooled them by taking masking agents...... :shakeno: If this was a horse race,it would be a nose at the wire......... :roflmao:

Who are you kidding?

AZStryker said:
Writing us off because of one player. We still have our D intact, and we still have playmakers on offense. If this were the third week of preseason and Feeley had looked terrible, minor averaging 2.5 ypc, and our o line getting pumbled routinely, then I'd tend to write us off. Until then however, no one really knows, especially the "experts" who cover all 32 teams and not just ours.
TPuuuuuuuuuulease!!!:confused:

Ricky gave 2 above average seasons and 1 great one. I hate to defend him but, he is not in Leaf's category.

Please, everyone...keep writing off the dolpihns season. I love it! You'll see come december/january.

Back
Top Bottom