Miami Dolphins DE Cameron Wake still on rise? After 2016, don’t bet against it

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 17, 2017.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...still-on-rise-after-2016-dont-bet-against-it/

2. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

I think that the article touched on something that's going to be very important for the success of the Dolphins this season: PLAYING WITH A LEAD- Just going by memory but there were far too few games last season where we came out super sharp right from the opening kick off, grabbed a lead, built on the lead and went on to win the ball game. That is a great winning formula but we sure didn't win too many that way. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a W any way we have to get it but many things went our way that allowed us to win games last year. I'm not saying we didn't earn every win, we did, but a safer formula for winning games is get ahead and stay ahead. I know, easier said than done.

insomnia411 likes this.
  3. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

There's no question, This team has been a historically slow starter. We play better in the 2nd half of games and we play better when we trail.

Hopefully we can reverse that trend.

4. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

The 1st half of games have been so frustrating for so long. Either that or we build a lead only to see the opposite team come back within the last few minutes and have a shot at at least tying ... SF, BUF2 last season come to mind.

5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I'm torn on this. I know he's older and not great against the run so saving him for passing situations makes sense ... but he's much more effective when he gets the majority of snaps.

There should be a healthy rotation of 4 (5 if Fede makes it and can steal some snaps) players at end so shouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    fishfanmiami likes this.
  6. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

The plan last year was to just use Wake on passing down but it soon became apparent the D played much better with him in the starting lineup. I think being the athlete he is we can expect another solid season out of him.

royalshank, Dolphins512 and BobDole like this.
  7. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

The big problem of course was that when Wake was out, it was either Mario or Jason Jones in his place, and they were bad, especially Mario. So of course the D was better when Wake was in, even in run situations. Hopefully we don't have to ride Wake quite that hard this year - I think he was getting worn down by the end, and even he said he felt like he was "in a car wreck" at the end of the season.

TannDaMan17 likes this.
  8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

Get leads unleash wake and Charles Harris

Sacks will come

9. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

Agree....I expect a good year our of Wake.

fishfanmiami likes this.
  10. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

This. Not good against the run? Meh. He's a great player and should be on the field as much as possible. He's a leader and a winner and guys like that need to be on the field. Period.

fishfanmiami likes this.