Miami Dolphins: Following the 2008 formula to beat Chargers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Following the 2008 formula to beat Chargers?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Last year, the game was at home, and the Dolphins were newly confident after thrashing New England on the road.

But if you look back at the Dolphins' 2008 win against San Diego, it should give you some hope for Sunday.

They controlled the Chargers' running game, and got the Chargers off the field, allowing only three third-down conversions.

They protected Chad Pennington, and he was efficient, completing 22 of 29 for 228.

They gave Ronnie Brown a heavy workload -- 24 carries, 11 of them out of the Wildcat. Those Wildcat carries netted 49 yards.

They controlled the clock. They had 37 minutes of possession time, including the final 5:55.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...lowing-the-2008-formula-to-beat-chargers.html

I think it can work again just fine. Ball control, good running game, no mistakes. Rivers is good but I don't see them making big 60 - 80 yard plays to beat us like Peyton and the Colts did. But, it is a short week, we are traveling across the country, and we just suffered a heartbreaking loss at home. So I don't know if we will actually pull it off.

Miami having the ball 55 minutes would still scare me...They need to keep the ball all 60 minutes to garuantee a win. lol

Back
Top Bottom