The Mock

Round 1- Jimmy Williams, CB, Virgina Tech

Round 3- Pat Watkins, S, Florida State

Round 4- Brandon Marshall, WR, Central Florida

Round 5- Manuel Wright, DT, USC

Round 7- Chris Kuper, G, North Dakota

Round 7- Clint Ingram, OLB, Oklahoma

What do you think?

Williams and Marshall are both great talents with a pattern of undisciplined play and difficulty handling authority woven through every review I've read about them. Drafting two headcases in the same draft may be more than even Saban can handle. Of the two I would gamble on Marshall. One draft site likened him to Terrell Owens as far as talent and temperment.

I think Watkins is a steal! I, too, hope Miami has a shot at him in the third.

Kuper and Ingram are serviceable. 7th rounders or free agents.

watkins wont be there in the 3rd. id take whitner and allen over williams. i like kuper in the 7th but i dont think ingram lasts till the 7th.

I'd take Whitner and Allen over Williams in RD 1 as well

I also don't see us spending two day one picks on our secondary, if we take a DB in RD 1, I'd like to see McClover in RD 3. Watkins won't drop to the third either way and Marshalls stock has been rising a lot so he may not even be there in the 4th.

Although this mock is a pipe dream in a way, if it happened I'd be extremely happy.

I'd consider Whitner over Williams but i'd be very disappointed if we picked Allen if Jimmy was still on the board. I dont expect JW to fall to us at #16 so i'm pulling for either Whitner or Santonio Holmes.

I like Williams at 16 but think its too early for Whitner or Allen.

motioncityhifi said:
watkins wont be there in the 3rd. id take whitner and allen over williams. i like kuper in the 7th but i dont think ingram lasts till the 7th.

I think Watkins could easily be there in the third. I expect to see 5-7 safeties taken before him. I wouldnt be shocked to see him fall to the 4th. Watkins could turn out to be the next Marlin Jackson, who many had projected to be a first round last year and just kept falling and falling (actually went undrafted) due to the amount of talented DBs available.

I like it, though I wonder if we will really take two defensive backs on day one. Jimmy Williams is a great pick because he can play both DB and Safety; however, drafting both he and Watkins would give us a very crowded secondary.

Surferosa said:
I like it, though I wonder if we will really take two defensive backs on day one. Jimmy Williams is a great pick because he can play both DB and Safety; however, drafting both he and Watkins would give us a very crowded secondary.

It would give us some more depth but we'd still be lacking in proven starters. I wouldnt be against picking secondary with our top two selections. Its definitely an area that needs upgrading and it would give us a crop of young playmaking dbs that could potentially make us one of the most feared defensive backfields in the league again (in a couple years).

MadLib said:
I think Watkins could easily be there in the third. I expect to see 5-7 safeties taken before him. I wouldnt be shocked to see him fall to the 4th. Watkins could turn out to be the next Marlin Jackson, who many had projected to be a first round last year and just kept falling and falling (actually went undrafted) due to the amount of talented DBs available.

You mean Ernest Shazor:tongue:

MadLib said:

Marlin Jackson the DB from Michigan?? he went first to Indy...if you look at mocks and rankings most have watkins gone by mid to late 2nd. i highly doubt he is there in the 3rd at our pick.

I still think 16 is a reach for Allen, and while I do like Whitner, I dont see us passing on Williams if he is there.

As for Watkins, I think its a very deep safety class, so him falling wouldnt be a huge stretch. If he doesnt, then one of the other safeties (Simpson, Bing, Blue, Pollard) will. Any chance Devin Aromashodu falls to R4? He may be the safer pick at WR.

motioncityhifi said:
Marlin Jackson the DB from Michigan?? he went first to Indy...if you look at mocks and rankings most have watkins gone by mid to late 2nd. i highly doubt he is there in the 3rd at our pick.
i think he's talking about ernest shazor, safety for michigan.

Back
Top Bottom