Miami Dolphins potential first round draft picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins potential first round draft picks

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
[h=3]3. Charles Harris — Outside Linebacker — Missouri[/h]Potentially the best outside linebacker in this draft class, Charles Harris draft stock currently places him at the end of the first round. With the Miami Dolphins picking in that area this year, Harris would not be too much of a reach for the Dolphins at pick number 22. The biggest question for me though will be where he may play.
Currently rated as a defensive end, a 3-4 outside linebacker, and a 4-3 outside linebacker, there is very little consensus about how Harris fits into the NFL. One thing that is for certain is his ability as a pass rusher. Adding a player to the linebacking corps that can rush the quarterback would be a potent combination for the Dolphins.
Again though, until a better placement on Harris’ NFL future is made, I’ll have him slotter here or lower in my mind.

[h=3]2. Jabrill Peppers — Safety/Linebacker — Michigan[/h]Owner Stephen Ross is a Michigan man. Remember Chad Henne? Well, Peppers will be better than him from an overall football standpoint. Given his talent and his multi-position ability, Peppers is a personal favorite of mine. Able to play at both the safety position and at outside linebacker, Peppers would solidify two of my personal areas of need for this defense.
Given the injuries that took place at the safety position this season, the Miami Dolphins need depth in the group. Peppers would give Miami that and some. Such a pick would give the Dolphins a potential replacement for Reshad Jones should he leave next offseason and would also give the team a better option than Michael Thomas when injuries occur.
Peppers could also slot into an outside linebacker position. Unlike Charles Harris though, Peppers would be more of a coverage linebacker. Covering tight ends like Gronk and Charles Clay, Peppers would definitely address a hole in the Dolphins current defense.

[h=3]1. Sidney Jones — Cornerback — Washington[/h]Despite the Huskies loss to Alabama in the National semi-final, Sidney Jones had an excellent game for Washington. Helping shut down the Crimson Tide offense for most of the game, Jones proved to many pro scouts that he has what it takes to succeed in the NFL at the cornerback position.
While not the biggest corner at only 6’0, 180, Jones does have the coverage ability to be a solid defensive contributor. Pairing Jones with last years second round pick Xavien Howard will give Miami a formidable secondary for years to come. However, like Howard, Jones will need an adjustment period.
If Miami believe that they can hold out for one season while Jones adjusts to the NFL game then this could be the first round pick for Adam Gase and his redesigned defense.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolphins-potential-first-round-150004935.html

Back
Top Bottom