Miami Dolphins rebuild linebacker unit- New Article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rebuild linebacker unit- New Article

I really dont care about the numbers and rankings of burnett and dansby...they constantly were a step late to the ball and lost way too many one on ones with the ball carrier. I hardly ever seen them cut off plays and redirect them back into team mates, they gave me zero confidence that on a 3rd and 7 if the ball came their way that they were gonna stop the offense short of the 1st down...
I will agree Dansby was horrible at taking bad angles to runners. I made lots of post about this problem. I really thought Burnett was pretty good in both run and pass defense. Not a play maker but very solid and underrated. MUCH better than Koa.

How bout YOU try reading comprehension. I never said, or cared, what YOU said. I was showing the faults in the logic, whether it was YOURS or Ireland's, or anyone who agreed with it. Try reading before attacking with misinformation.

EDIT: Not worth it, I made the point I needed to make with my 1st post

You're on crack if you think Dansby and Burnett are 4.5 speed LBers, have you watched them play? Why wait a year to get ahead of the curve, everyone knew LBer was going to be an issue next year, if you have conviction to correct it now, and the right players for your system are there then pounce, as they did. This team is having a speed makeover this offseason, please continue Philbin and Co. It is LONG overdue!

I really believe that this will be a HUGE upgrade.

MIAMI is in the AFC East. That means N.E.! If you can't beat N.E., you've got NO HOPE of achieving ANYTHING...WALLACE OR NO, BUSH OR NO, etc., etc., etc.!!! The GIANTS (twice!) and BALTIMORE showed everyone in the League how to beat N.E.: rush TOMMY Boy off his feet!!! Never mind sacks...that's just icing on the cake. Get a hand in his face; knock him down; and don't give him any room to step up into the "pocket". And BLITZ.

But when you blitz a QB as good as BRADY, you'd better get there!!! DANSBY and BURNETT rarely did. That's just not good enough. Forget ability to "cover": BRADY can beat ANY "cover" LB all day long...no problem at all. You beat BRADY by pressuring him. Everything else is a distant second-best. So, bye-bye DANSBY and bye-bye BURNETT. And as far as I'm concerned, good riddance. MIAMI just got rid of one big-talking loudmouth who never seemed to back up his words; and the LB equivalent of SANCHO PANZA, or maybe the FLUB-A-DUB from HOWDY DOODY time!

I was reading the Raven's forum on Ellerbe leaving, and many though that we were definitely overpaying for him.
I think that's just the nature of the business. Dansby just wasn't going to cut it much longer.

At the same time, some thought they were definitely losing the main guy they needed, and Only felt comfortable because they had so much ungodly faith in their GM drafting a replacement soon enough.
So, I think with Ellerbe, you can take it any which way. We'll find out come preseason.

You're on crack if you think Dansby and Burnett are 4.5 speed LBers, have you watched them play? Why wait a year to get ahead of the curve, everyone knew LBer was going to be an issue next year, if you have conviction to correct it now, and the right players for your system are there then pounce, as they did. This team is having a speed makeover this offseason, please continue Philbin and Co. It is LONG overdue!

The new linebackers are not any faster than the ones they are replacing, not sure where this myth has surfaced

So we are paying 7 million a year for LB who couldn't cover his own grandma, and this in Tom Brady's division.

These were desperate moves made by a very bad GM.

And by the way, all these homer articles out there talking about how wheeler and Ellerbe are younger and faster; it's BS as well, both Burnett and Dansby were 4.5 guys.

Dansby and Burnett were tall LB's with long arms and great speed. Dansby was a former WR.

This is no step up by any means. This was a move to save cap and money in the future when Hartlines bonus and Wallace's gold mine kick in.

Reshad Jones and Paul Soliai need new contracts. So will Odrick and Misi if we plan on keeping them next year.

This is not an improvement of the defense. This paing a heavy price for Wallace.

There is a lot of dead money in cutting Dansby and Burnett this year.

The smart GM would have already drafted their replacements and would have cut them next year.

Dansby and Burnett never made any impact plays thats why our D was always suspect ellerby and wheeler will be way better just for the fact that they are great at getting to the QB which Dansby and Burnett werent time for change good move getting the young guys.

I think leadership came into play here too. I don't think the FO held a grudge against Dansby and Burnett as the article suggests, but I do think they weren't happy with the locker room mix and leadership that was coming from these guys.

Back
Top Bottom