Miami Dolphins Should Consider Trading Down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Should Consider Trading Down

What I'm envisioning is trade down like four spots and get a fourth take Davis and take that pick and 54 to get up around forty and get Budda baker. Those two would solidify our defense immediately.

i think CK is right on this one. Teams that can afford to trade back are usually perennial playoff contenders that aren't seeking new starters and already have quality depth. The Dolphins aren't in that position. We're seeking 2 starters at LB, 1 at TE, 1-2 at OG, and 1 at DE. We NEED significant contributions from the draft picks NEXT year.

If you're talking about trading back 1 or 2 spots, maybe I consider it. But I don't trade out if there is a frontline starter available at #22.

[/B]
If we do this and say we get up to the early 40s that comp 3 is gone so we wouldn't be back on the clock until pick #148, that's a long wait, over 100 picks that's like 3 whole rounds lol....I know it's very early but I think there's a good chance we move down at least once in the first couple rounds, not just so Mike T can get back a pick or two, but also to give him some flexibility later if he wants to move up like he did in the 2nd for Howard and 3rd for Carroo

If you wanted you could put two 5th together to trade up into the 4th and still have a 5th. Isn't there something about comp picks not being tradable tho?

If you wanted you could put two 5th together to trade up into the 4th and still have a 5th. Isn't there something about comp picks not being tradable tho?

This will be the first year you can trade comp picks.

I would try to acquire 3 picks in the top 54.

For example - I would consider trading down with Cleveland 22 for 33 & 52.
Gives us 33, 52, 54
Could equate to 3 players (starters) from CK list.

IMO We need quality starters and depth- we have ample young/ veteran stars: Suh, Jones, Wake, Landry, Ajayi, Parker, Tunsil
So I value the extra quality pick.
With 3 picks top 55 & FA: Address: DT, DE, OG, TE, CB

We will be one more offseason away from being a perennial playoff team.

Would we get 33 & 52 for our 22?
If so I would certainly consider as I'm thinking Jarrad Davis would be a good pick and also Cunningham if both are still there and if he can play SAM presuming I think people are talking about Kiko at WLB. (Correct me if I'm wrong as never played being from the UK so LB positions is not my strength :) )
That would leave 54 for someone like Budda Baker

Back
Top Bottom