Miami Dolphins still looking for impact from 'Tri-Rail' defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins still looking for impact from 'Tri-Rail' defense

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE - The possibilities certainly are tantalizing.

Two potential Hall of Famers and the kid with "good cartilage," all chasing the quarterback at the same time.

So far, however, that's as far as it has gone: possibilities.

Sunday against New Orleans should mark the third game in which the Miami Dolphins use linebackers Jason Taylor, Joey Porter and Cameron Wake together in the same defensive package.

They tried it for 10 or 12 plays in Week 3 at San Diego, defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni says, and went back to it for around that same amount in the Monday night win over the Jets. In between, with Porter nursing a sore hamstring against Buffalo, the Dolphins piled up a season-high six sacks against the lowly Bills.

But their Three-Headed Monster has yet to pay the kind of dividends Pasqualoni was dreaming about since he conceived it following the offseason signings of Taylor and Wake, the latter of whom bends so low on his speed rush that Taylor and Porter chalk it up to the sort of young knees they ceded long ago.

"It could be good but to this point I haven't been able to do my part to make it all the way work," says Porter, who has been shut out in the sack department in his last 6 ½ quarters. "I've got to be out there getting pressure, causing sacks, before you really see it. I'm back now. I feel good. We'll see how it works this week."

A breakthrough showing for the Tri-Rail pass rush would come in handy with Drew Brees and the league's No. 1 offense coming to town. Pasqualoni openly admits the Dolphins can't let Brees sit in the pocket without being "harassed and disrupted," or else they could be in for a long afternoon.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-linebackers-s102209,0,3543732.story

wow, that would be great if that D-formation produced. i love this coaching staff. We got us some smart people running the show now. The dolphins are headed back to being a factor every year again. i love it.

Back
Top Bottom