Miami Draft Grades and Comments: Post Yours! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Draft Grades and Comments: Post Yours!

He didn't panic on 3a as far as I'm concerned, Thomas is a very nice fit where we got him. He panicked when he saw the corners coming off the board and probably didn't have a midround grade for a lot of the corners.

Ireland's initial interview after Day 2 pretty much confirms this. He 'panicked' and was forced to trade back up.

I agree. I'm good with the Thomas pick, and I loved the trade down at #82 which indicated we were good with the board at that point. What was shocking was then trading #109, #146, and #224 to get back to #93 to draft Davis, a mixed review guy. Plus there were more mid-round and plenty of later round CBs out there; how many were on our board?

RW

Honestly I didn't have many, I had guys like Poyer, Webb, Simon, Anthony and Davis. Not all of those guys necessarily fit the prototype profile we look for in our corners though, Poyer and Anthony ran slow, and so did Webb. So if I were to envision their board I think it was down to 1 or 2 corners that fit into the 3rd-4th round range.

Back
Top Bottom