Miami going to try to do what Giants and Steelers did last year after loss to Houston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami going to try to do what Giants and Steelers did last year after loss to Houston

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..

Good post...I hope we can move on from this and take it as a positive.

BTW, you have to take your Sig Off. That is no longer true..

Originally posted by Prime Time
BTW, you have to take your Sig Off. That is no longer true..

:lol: I'm going to go ahead and leave it up for now. If they fail to backup my signature, it will be replaced later..

What seemed to happen to the Giants and Steelers is that they learned not to take a team lightly and took nothing for granted as they recuperated from the Houston loss. Basically what Miami has to do is suck it up and realize that nothing is given to anyone in this lleague.

Will Miami go home and run to mommy after losing to the Texans?
or
Will they suck it up and take responsibility like real men??

We will see.

Real nice except that the Giants and the Steelers have better talent. The Fins have lost three in a row to non-playoff teams. Does that tell you anything?

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..

Damn Skippy Rude!
Nice turnaround post.....
SUPER BOWL.... SUPER BOWL..... SUPER BOWL!!!!!! :D

Love this post. I'm looking forward to see if they can pull it together and rise up against the Jets. Ususally these two teams bring out the best games in each other, so we'll see.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

:lol: I'm going to go ahead and leave it up for now. If they fail to backup my signature, it will be replaced later..

To be perfectly honest, your sig falls outside the new guidelines we've set up. So if you could go ahead and take care of that, that would be great. :) [/Lumberg]

BTW - good post. :cool:

Real nice except that the Giants and the Steelers have better talent.
-savoy-

I don't buy that. Is that really what you think?

Excellent post Rude ...thanks for the stats, i never knew that.....hopefully we do the same.

Originally posted by savoy
Real nice except that the Giants and the Steelers have better talent. The Fins have lost three in a row to non-playoff teams. Does that tell you anything?

The Giants and Steelers having the better talent than Miami is very debatable but that is not the point. According to you, the Steelers and Giants have more talent yet they lost to Houston last year because they overlooked them. Looking at how hard the Steelers and Giants played after their respective loss to the Texans, is the point I am making as to if Miami will do the same and earn every win and work overtime to accomplish what ther goals are.

Back
Top Bottom