Miami Radio play by play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Radio play by play

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mandage will forever be a classic, and i miss Bill Zinfer, any of you miss that guy...I thought he was great

With Howard David, i feel like we have Westwood-one doing our local games lol, hes that good, got a voice thats incredible, not only did he eliminate zinfer, he also took control of the morning show on 560, hes just got that great of a voice....

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Mandage will forever be a classic, and i miss Bill Zinfer, any of you miss that guy...I thought he was great

With Howard David, i feel like we have Westwood-one doing our local games lol, hes that good, got a voice thats incredible, not only did he eliminate zinfer, he also took control of the morning show on 560, hes just got that great of a voice....

Haha check it out! Howard David Sux IMO!!

Did anyone know that when the Dolphins play home games this putz brings members of his family, who all sport NY JETS JERSEYS?

Yeah that may not make a difference, but he has been replaced in the morning by none other than Scotty Ferrell!

Off the top of my head I can't remember what time they gave David for his show, but I do know that he now has 21 months left on his contract at WQAM and they are counting the days. They gave him a different time slot in hopes of him bowing out.

His football broadcasts are ok, but man his radio show is so so so boring! I'd rather listen to Neal Rogers

:rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

neil rogers-god

I grew up listening to him , i would record his bits on cassette lol

i still have those somewhere....

Funny you mention Neil Rodgers being God. That would mean Neil wouldn't belive that he himself existed. :tongue:

I think Howard's a better play-by-play guy than Zimpfer. Great voice. But Bill was a homer. And Howard gets away from Phins-talk every so often during telecasts. Doesn't make a difference to me. But some fans don't like it.

Originally posted by Muck
Funny you mention Neil Rodgers being God. That would mean Neil wouldn't belive that he himself existed. :tongue:

I think Howard's a better play-by-play guy than Zimpfer. Great voice. But Bill was a homer. And Howard gets away from Phins-talk every so often during telecasts. Doesn't make a difference to me. But some fans don't like it.

Howard David has a great radio voice, but I look at how he tried to lay the law down before he signed here. He told the Dolphins that he did not want Jim Mandich interrupting his play by play. Then at WQAM he tried to get George (who works solely with Neil) FIRED for a comment he made about Howard, and they actually laid George off until Neil got him back.

He came here thinking he was the shiznit, and his ratings have slid, and slid, and plenty of people have complained about his boring show. He's not going to be on the radio long, but working for the Dolphins is another thing.

heh, ive been up in orlando this whole year, and i have also not been awake for the morning show, so i didnt know what was going on, sorry guys...thought he was still on in the morning....

o well

Well I agree Mandich is the best. I love his broadcast and his show.

Next David does fine, but I think Zimfer was better on the game broadcast, and I think the morning team of Joe Rose, Steve Goldstein, and Jeff Deforest was the best. WQAM screwed up when they dismatled that team. I know Defoe had the problem with receiving kick backs and that caused his termination. But man they lost something special when they lost that team.

As far as Neil Rodgers goes, I like him fine. SOmetime he is a little too much to take. His "me against the world" schtick gets a little tired.

Ferrell? The biggest no talent in the history of radio. I heard all this hype on the guy. I tuned in and was so disappointed. That trumped up voice (sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not) and absolutely just not funny. I wouldn't listen to him if they were paying me.

Mandich is awesome, I liked Zimpher as well since he was a homer, I loved the homer duo of Zimph and Mad Dog, David is a good play-by-play announcer but I do not know if I like him person wise.

I remember Mandich buying airtime on Sundays for he and Zimpf a while back. They still doing that??

Originally posted by Muck

I'm one of those guys that will never be happy with an Ex Jets announcer broadcasting Fins games. Just dosen't feel right.

When there is a Coaches challenge on the field Howard David goes crazy. It's annoying as hell, he's very opionated, too much so. Rick Weaver was the man on play by play IMO. Love Jimbo, could live without the egomaniac Howard David.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Well I agree Mandich is the best. I love his broadcast and his show.

Next David does fine, but I think Zimfer was better on the game broadcast, and I think the morning team of Joe Rose, Steve Goldstein, and Jeff Deforest was the best. WQAM screwed up when they dismatled that team. I know Defoe had the problem with receiving kick backs and that caused his termination. But man they lost something special when they lost that team.

As far as Neil Rodgers goes, I like him fine. SOmetime he is a little too much to take. His "me against the world" schtick gets a little tired.

Ferrell? The biggest no talent in the history of radio. I heard all this hype on the guy. I tuned in and was so disappointed. That trumped up voice (sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not) and absolutely just not funny. I wouldn't listen to him if they were paying me.

Mandich was offered the job for the morning show but he did not want it, he has a construction company that he runs, and it gets in the way, so he says.

As for Ferrell well all i can say is some people have a dryer sense of humor than others. I for one would listen to him over Howard Davids boring A$$ any day of the week. Howard is the one that is absolutely NOT FUNNY. Ferrell cracks me up, with his FU attitude!

I met Howard during the draft party and asked for his autograph. he was cold and looked totally disinterested in interacting with the fans.. however Mandich was really cool.

Back
Top Bottom