Miami vs. Oakland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami vs. Oakland

lvstud84

Biggest Finfan in Kingman, AZ
Reaction score
hey guys. I got tix to the game vs oakland. section 141 row 21. I'm stoked cuz i've never been to a game in Miami. I'm lookin at flights and hotels though. Is it better to fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? It looks about the same distance from the stadium to me. Any info/suggetions on hotels, flights would be awesome. thanks guys

i live down here in plam beach and i have season tickets but miami is INT. is closer than ft.lauderdale and traffic isnt as bad. but there are plenty of hotels near the stadium. from what i have known it is also cheaper to fly into miami

I agree that Ft Lauderdale is easier. Maybe you should set up a poll :)

hey guys. I got tix to the game vs oakland. section 141 row 21. I'm stoked cuz i've never been to a game in Miami. I'm lookin at flights and hotels though. Is it better to fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? It looks about the same distance from the stadium to me. Any info/suggetions on hotels, flights would be awesome. thanks guys

I would fly in to Ft. Lauderdale, maybe book a room in Hollywood- Hard Rock?

Dolphins Raiders games- great memories. I've been to 3 at least. I think the last time Fiedler dove in for a late TD and win. I saw Bo Jackson shred us- great memories, but I was pharmaceutically challenged at the time. No wait, even better memory there. He turned the corner on a sweep faster than anyone I'd ever seen. Yet at the same time it seemed like it was in slow motion. I wonder why. Best ever- I think 1984. Marks brothers against Mike Haynes and Lester the Molester. Haynes was the damndest thing I've seen on a football field. I think that he was on Duper- he covered him by trailing him, letting him slide after the bump and keeping himself between Duper and Marino. Pure poetry in motion. I'd like to see how the Marks Brothers and especially Marino rate Mike Haynes. If Deion Sanders isn't the best cover corner ever, then I cast my vote for Haynes. If I recall correctly he capped off his performance with something like a 102 yart interception for a TD.

Dolphins/Raiders is always good- they come out in black and a war is on. My first traumatic Dolphins memory- Stabler throwing up a prayer for a TD to beat the Fins in the playoffs 1974. Ouch, that one still hurts.

Anyway, best of luck and enjoy the game.

Where did you get your tickets already? I'm planning on going to the Oakland game myself. Never flown into Miami but went down my first time last year and Ft. Lauderdale was nice and easy.

I fly from Baltimore every year for games and its way, way easier via Ft. L. Its also going to be much cheaper as the low cost airlines fly into Ft.L not Miami. This includes Southwest and Airtran.

Its also only 6-8 miles from the stadium....Miami is harder, more expensive and will take longer.

Good luck

PS. Low cost hotel, stay near airport. Want to spend a few bucks and be close, stay at the Hard Rock in Hollywood. Its 7 miles as the crow flies from the stadium and on the ocean.

Where did you get your tickets already? I'm planning on going to the Oakland game myself. Never flown into Miami but went down my first time last year and Ft. Lauderdale was nice and easy.

stubhub. they were expensive but last time i waited til they went on sale and they sold out quick. so i just overpaid. it's worth it though.

I fly from Baltimore every year for games and its way, way easier via Ft. L. Its also going to be much cheaper as the low cost airlines fly into Ft.L not Miami. This includes Southwest and Airtran.

Its also only 6-8 miles from the stadium....Miami is harder, more expensive and will take longer.

Good luck

PS. Low cost hotel, stay near airport. Want to spend a few bucks and be close, stay at the Hard Rock in Hollywood. Its 7 miles as the crow flies from the stadium and on the ocean.

Is there a new Hard Rock in Hollywood? The one I know- where Anna Nicole Smith died- isn't on the ocean. It's out West. Good location for a Dolphins game, though.

fly into ft lauderdale. look for rooms in Davie fl. make rental car reservations as you will need to drive. enjoy
go fins

Back
Top Bottom