Miami went 11-5 with H.Goodwin, McKnight, L.Smith and Gadsden??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami went 11-5 with H.Goodwin, McKnight, L.Smith and Gadsden???

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
It can't be.

Lamar Smith rushed for only 968 yds and 6 td's..Miami didn't have a 1,000-yd WR as Gadsden & McKnight combined for a measly 6 TD's..Miami didn't have a pass-catching threat at TE. After Richmond Webb left in FA..his replacement (Brent Smith) was lost for the year then HIS replacement (Marcus Spriggs) was also lost for the year. Fiedler threw 19 INT's.

Miami finished 8th in the NFL in points scored...were 7th in the league in 3rd down efficiency and went 7-1 at home.

You just never know what can happen.

Gladsadmad said:
It can't be.

Lamar Smith rushed for only 968 yds and 6 td's..Miami didn't have a 1,000-yd WR as Gadsden & McKnight combined for a measly 6 TD's..Miami didn't have a pass-catching threat at TE. After Richmond Webb left in FA..his replacement (Brent Smith) was lost for the year then HIS replacement (Marcus Spriggs) was also lost for the year. Fiedler threw 19 INT's.

Miami finished 8th in the NFL in points scored...were 7th in the league in 3rd down efficiency and went 7-1 at home.

You just never know what can happen.

Exactly. And this team has more talent than that 11-5 team.

New England Fin said:
Another thing that factors into that is.

How easy was their schedule that year?

And, how were our AFC East rivals?

Those two play a part in that 11-5 season.

Phinz4Life said:
Another thing that factors into that is.

How easy was their schedule that year?

I went ahead and looked it up..it wasn't that easy.

Miami played 7 games against playoff teams including both teams that played in the Superbowl.

Phinz4Life said:
And, how were our AFC East rivals?

Those two play a part in that 11-5 season.

Pats went 11-5, Jets went 10-6 so 3 teams in our division went to the playoffs..more than any division.

New England Fin said:

That's right..even WITHOUT Ricky. I don't think that anyone could argue that this year's offense (as it is right now) isn't more talented than the one of 2001.

outtawack311 said:
read my sig.

The only sense I can make out of that is that Miami worked harder..they didn't have as much talent, so they were more creative and more efficient (as evident by their 3rd down effectiveness in 2001).

Maybe Miami can be more like the Pats..less about the "stars".. more about the "team". I'm actually optimistic.

Gladsadmad said:
I went ahead and looked it up..it wasn't that easy.

Miami played 7 games against playoff teams including both teams that played in the Superbowl.

Pats went 11-5, Jets went 10-6 so 3 teams in our division went to the playoffs..more than any division.
Alright man, yah got me. I was just waitin' for them stats. I'm sold. GO PHINZ!

You also have to factor in that our OC was Chan Gailey before Ricky and Norv Turner with Ricky. Last year our O was so predictible we were calling the plays out before they happen. This year Forrester will be either creative or looking for a job with Dave. I am personally glad Turner is gone since he is the one calling the plays. Also if Ricky didn't want to carry the ball as much as he did, then why didn't he pull himself out of the game. Let Minor get some work. I believe that our team will be more creative with the talent that we have on offense, we should be in the top 10.
One more thing, am I the only one who cringes when DW says that this doesn't change the way the offense will be run.

Back
Top Bottom