Miami WR Morris catches game-winning Touchdown for the Cologne Centurions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami WR Morris catches game-winning Touchdown for the Cologne Centurions

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We saw what Kendall Newson did to solidify a roster spot last year, will Morris be the one to push Tolver and Co. for that final spot?

Check out the recap of the Cologne-Berlin game here

Im at the parents' house so I got to see the end of this game (I WANT THE NFL NETWORK :( )

I already told you this guy looks best of our receivers in the NFLE. Speaking of this TD, he was completely free. The Cents tried the same play on the down before where the zebras called a pass interference that was doubtful.
Since I was watching the game, I remembered two things. Morris had two big receptions today (one for 30 yards and one for 19) where he tried to gain more yardage after the catch. In his 30-yard catch he fumbled the ball after trying to run into 2 or 3 defenders after the catch, the rule was down by contact, therefore no fumble. Refs calling was right. In the second catch (19 yards to the 4 yard line) that set up the TD, he caught the ball after 16-17 yards and ran into 5 defenders. There was plenty of time left and at least one timeout, catch the ball and go down on the 6! No need to run into 5 defenders to gain 2 yards after the catch. If he can learn this, he possibly can contribute to our receiving corps and make the team. So far, he looks better than Bellamy in the NFLE.

Newsome didn't make the roster during training camp and was on the practice squad during the beginning of the season. However, it sounds like Morris is doing well, maybe he will come to Miami and challenge for a roster spot.

Back
Top Bottom