Miamidolphins.com :rant: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miamidolphins.com :rant:

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I hope this isn't inappropriate for this board, but for a long time prior to finding this site, I was a very regular poster on the official Miamidolphins.com message board. It doesn't get near the traffic Finheaven does, but it had a small group of loyal posters, and we had a lot of fun with it. Sometime around the beginning of the offseason, the forum was taken down for what was (according to their site, at least) a much needed upgrade. I have been checking in regularly to see when it was back up, and after a message indicating a new board "coming soon" all this offseason, this is what I was greeted with today :fire:

" After much effort and discussion, the Miami Dolphins have decided to remove the Message Boards feature from MiamiDolphins.com. We can no longer effectively manage these fan forums and present a product that is fan friendly and promotes a family environment, both important qualities of our organization and goals of our web site.

The message boards have been a web site feature since the 2000 season, but we have encountered a wide range of problems. They include trolls, sexual innuendos, indecent language, personal attacks on posters, inappropriate topics, and others.

We have done our best to delete posts that violate our code of conduct and warn or ban the user who posted them upon their discovery. Unfortunately, the volume of problems is such that we feel like we can better use our time by creating and providing quality content that will keep fans like yourselves returning to MiamiDolphins.com.

We appreciate your support of the Miami Dolphins."

While the board had its issues, it wasn't any worse than any other message board I have seen. I know it is only a web board, and the team has a lot more to worry about than a stupid forum, but it has removed 95% of my reasons to visit miamidolphins.com. I get better news, updates, and commentary on Finheaven. Maybe they were too worried about getting negative posts in the rockiest offseason ever :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom