MiamiDolphins.com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MiamiDolphins.com

I have cable and it still takes a while to load.

I agree the content leave something to be desired, but the actual site design has won awards compared to other team sites. I will look for the article I found that tidbit in, but I remeber taking note that the design was being praised.

It is also ancient. They have made no format changes at least in 5 years. In this business that is forever. The whole feild pretty much changes every 6 months, and they have done nothing. I mean think about all the changes AJ and the great group of mods we have here have made just in the last year. This from a basicly a starving college student. A multy billion dollar business hasn't changed anything. It isn't very fan freindly, and is mostly fluff.

PlowHorse34 said:
I agree the content leave something to be desired, but the actual site design has won awards compared to other team sites. I will look for the article I found that tidbit in, but I remeber taking note that the design was being praised.

Look at Dajesus post for the explanation about why people think the site sucks and WHEN the site won the awards.

MiamiDolphins.com got a head start on the competition but it's been sorely lacking since.

I think the last award was given in 2002 for the 2001 year. Awards are misleading in that regard. They are acknowledging your past work in the present. I remember wondering why in the hell they won the last award they won. I knew of many NFL team sites that were better IMO at the time.

Our site does have the fight song (which is unbelievablely horrible), and a list of our records vs every individual team, and a few other things that I can't find for all the other teams. But I to would have to say that it is kinda boring. One of the sites I checked every week during the season that was just too cool, was the Bucs site. That site rocks. It would have this whole skit every week about how they were gonna kill whoever they were playing. One I remeber was when they played the Falcons in Atlanta. It was a skit of Vick sleeping really well, then it flashed over to the backup who was supposed to start that week and he was laying in bed with his eyes wide open and the covers pulled up to his neck and he was shaking like a leaf. They spent a lot of time coming up with some of those. I would love it if we came up with something like that. You guys can go over to that site and see if you can still look at them. It would be worth the trip if ya need a good laugh.....even if ya hate the bucs like I do.

BTW if anyone wants to see the bucs skits I was talking about here is how to get to it. Go to NFL.com then click on the bucs logo.
Then click on media on the top right.
Then click on multimedia on the left column.
Then click on bucaneers.comflashmovies.

You can see all of them. There may be a faster way to get there, but I am no computer wiz.

Back
Top Bottom