Miami's Bid for Super Bowl L or Super Bowl LI | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Bid for Super Bowl L or Super Bowl LI

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201305/miamis-audacious-super-bowl-hosting-plan

I can't believe this is real life.

An aircraft carrier with a football field parked next to American Airlines Arena??

A zip line that carries fans inside giant transluscent footballs?!

Night clubs floating on the ocean?!?

This is too much. I'm laughing hysterically at all this.

I don't get what is so bad or repulsive about these plans. What do you find so embarrassing about ANY of this?? It sounds very cool to me!!!

I don't get what is so bad or repulsive about these plans. What do you find so embarrassing about ANY of this?? It sounds very cool to me!!!

If you don't see the calamity in this now I doubt anything any of us say will change your opinion! But hey this is like Starship Troopers meets Thunder Dome it is not cool it is dreaming fantastic! Good luck getting the FAA to sign off on the Floating footballs full of people.

How embarrassing! I have a idea let put Ross and Dee in one of those footballs and lose the anchor!

If you don't see the calamity in this now I doubt anything any of us say will change your opinion! But hey this is like Starship Troopers meets Thunder Dome it is not cool it is dreaming fantastic! Good luck getting the FAA to sign off on the Floating footballs full of people.

How embarrassing! I have a idea let put Ross and Dee in one of those footballs and lose the anchor!

What the heck would the FAA have to do with the floating football ride? Am I crazy? I can't figure that out!

That's pretty out-of-the-box. Sounds like quite the spectacle. Only thing I am not clear on is where the actual fans will sit. There's not a ton of space left over on the deck of an aircraft carrier after you carve out the field of play and the sideline space. I also imagine they would have to lay some pretty thick sod, or the players are going to get ground into hamburger when they get tackled.

What the heck would the FAA have to do with the floating football ride? Am I crazy? I can't figure that out!

You want to charge people money and float them in the air you can guarantee the government will be involved and most likely that's the FAA. Remove the anchor will the footballs float away? If the answer is yes it's a dirigible and it will require certification. Do you really think on a stage as big as the Superbowl you can just float tens of thousands of people in a what is essentially a transparent blimp without certification?

Damn, if they could pull that off it would be the greatest superbowl week ever.

That's pretty out-of-the-box. Sounds like quite the spectacle. Only thing I am not clear on is where the actual fans will sit. There's not a ton of space left over on the deck of an aircraft carrier after you carve out the field of play and the sideline space. I also imagine they would have to lay some pretty thick sod, or the players are going to get ground into hamburger when they get tackled.

The actual game will be played at Sun Life, lol. The floating football field would probably just be for fan events during Super Bowl week and maybe a celebrity all-star flag football game or something.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

You want to charge people money and float them in the air you can guarantee the government will be involved and most likely that's the FAA. Remove the anchor will the footballs float away? If the answer is yes it's a dirigible and it will require certification. Do you really think on a stage as big as the Superbowl you can just float tens of thousands of people in a what is essentially a transparent blimp without certification?

I thought it was a zipline, not a balloon. Sounded more like a ski lift.

The actual game will be played at Sun Life, lol.

Ha! Guess my morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Thanks for the clarification. I was imagining some tweeker at Davie going, "No Sun Life? OK, how about THIS SH*T?!"

The actual game will be played at Sun Life, lol. The floating football field would probably just be for fan events during Super Bowl week and maybe a celebrity all-star flag football game or something.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I thought it was a zipline, not a balloon. Sounded more like a ski lift.

Well then hope no one has to drop a deuce

The one thing Ross doesnt want now is a superbowl awarded because then it negates that arguement on superbowls.

It's my understanding that this is on a zipline. It's just like the skylift at an amusement park. I just don't see that needing FAA approval!!! It sounds fairly interesting to me!

Back
Top Bottom