Miami’s Impact Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami’s Impact Players

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
who are they? Who are the current players on the roster right now that opposing coaches worry about game planning for so they don’t let that player beat them or affect the game greatly? I wanna know what people think.

Tannehill (injured)
Suh
Wake
Reshad Jones
Ajayi (traded for nothing but a late 4th)
Landry
Parker (when he plays up to his ability)
Tunsil (would be if he were motivated and performing up to ability)
Pouncey (never fully healthy)
.... that's about it.

Maybe I should just say it is Suh (consistently dominant), Wake (intermittently dominant), Jones (very good), and Landry (often exceptional)

We could use a few more good ones.

I'm not sure we have any to be totally honest.

I think there are some who are close (Landry, Suh, Wake, Jones), but not consistently impact guys. My first thought is how guys like Jason Taylor and Dan Marino absolutely took over games on their side of the ball. Miami doesn't have anyone that does that very often.

Suh is the only consistent one. Wake always gives the effort but athletic RTs who can wall the edge off give him fits ... and he's never been good against the run. Jones freelances too much and is shaky in coverage. Landry has athletic and physical limitations.

Great players ... but only 1 makes a consistent impact.

Suh is the only consistent one. Wake always gives the effort but athletic RTs who can wall the edge off give him fits ... and he's never been good against the run. Jones freelances too much and is shaky in coverage. Landry has athletic and physical limitations.

Great players ... but only 1 makes a consistent impact.
Agree entirely. It's too easy to game plan and beat the dolphins.

Suh alone, and he's countered effectively game in, game out with something as minimally creative as a double-team.

This is why the team needs a stud tight end. Those players create inherent mismatches.

Tannehill (injured)
Suh
Wake
Reshad Jones
Ajayi (traded for nothing but a late 4th)
Landry
Parker (when he plays up to his ability)
Tunsil (would be if he were motivated and performing up to ability)
Pouncey (never fully healthy)
.... that's about it.

Maybe I should just say it is Suh (consistently dominant), Wake (intermittently dominant), Jones (very good), and Landry (often exceptional)

We could use a few more good ones.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Jones is very good this year. I certainly don't see him as an impact player. He's one of those guys like Branch that I have concerns about because it looks like once they got paid their play tapered off quite a bit. Jones played better with a screwed up shoulder than he has being healthy.

If you listen to other coaches, Suh and Landry are the guys they gameplan to take away from Miami. I'm not trying to argue they are so good they need to be accounted for, just that other HCs and coordinators actually DO gameplan for them.

Suh is pretty obvious of course, it is easy to see the double teams.

Landry is the other one, however this year something is off with that kid.

I'd have said Wake and Ajayi, but for obvious reasons Ajayi isnt a factor, and Wake has jumped the shark. I havent seen him getting DT'd often this year (could be wrong on that.)

I think an elite QB would equal 2-3 impact players at any other position. We’re having a hard time naming impact players for Miami, it’s no wonder Miami never seems to be able to take over a game through just being more talented

Why do people think Landry. Most coaches are probably happy we force the chatty bubble screens and 5 yard routes to him for the last 4 years.

Why do people think Landry. Most coaches are probably happy we force the chatty bubble screens and 5 yard routes to him for the last 4 years.

Listen to opposing coaches. He is the guy they want to take away from Miami, especially now that Ajayi is gone.

Back
Top Bottom