Michael Floyd to the Supplemental Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Floyd to the Supplemental Draft?

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Floyd was arrested early Sunday for DUI, giving him two alcohol-related arrests in the past 14 months. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly announced in a Monday statement that Floyd has been suspended indefinitely from the program.

Kelly encouraged Floyd, a team captain, to “get his life in order” as he awaits further potential discipline from Notre Dame’s Office of Resident Life.

If Floyd’s suspension extends into the season or results in his expulsion, he could consider transferring to a lower-level, FCS school or begin training for the possibility that the NFL will hold a supplemental draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ft-could-include-notre-dames-michael-floyd-2/

I really like Michael Floyd as a WR. Ideal Measurable and athleticism and he is very much a difference maker on the field. As great as Golden Tate was in 2009 for the Irish, Michael Floyd stood out even more when both WR's were on the field. Michael Floyd also did major damage to a first round CB prospect Brandon Harris in the bowl game this past season.

Obviously a first is just about out of the question for any team to give up in the supplemental . . . what do you think his worth is . . . and if available, what 2012 draft pick would you like Miami to put a bid in on getting this kind of talent in the draft? First round talent, but the off the field stuff is very concerning. I'm thinking a 4th is where I would put my bid for Floyd.

i think you'd get trumped on a 4th...i like him...i think his draft value this year would be 2nd round but i'd be interested in a 3rd rounder in 2012...absolutely

the alcohol stuff could hurt him but if its a pick in 2012 but you get the player in 2011 to help you i think someone would offer a 3rd easy...

super high risk...super high potential reward, and I find it hard to believe a team like the Bengals, Browns, Panthers, Raiders or Lions will not come up with at least a 3rd rounder for him (a 2nd is out of the question due to the risks), so in my opinion, he might be out of our reach.

i don't believe the risk is as high as people might think...the picks in 2012...this is "i would gladly pay you on tuesday for a hamburger today" scenario...i could see someone ponying up a 2nd rounder even in 2012...

provided there was even a supplemental draft

The risk is real high . . . he has a history of off the field stuff, and I believe this is his 3rd alcohol related problem on his record. I remember Jared Gaither being talked up as a first round pick in 2008 had he met academic requirements in Maryland . . . and he dropped down to the 5th round in the 2007 Supplemental Draft. I think if the Dolphins really wanted him, a 3rd could do it . . . a 4th maybe asking too much, though I don't know if I feel comfortable giving up a 3rd with all the issues surrounding this kid . . . but I would embrace that talent if we got our hands on him.

He should have came out in this draft anyways . . . he is still dealing with Jeffrey and Blackmon next year for starters, he cost himself some money by not entering this draft (though who knows with the lockout in full swing). He was the clear #3 WR if he came out.

i'm not so sure jeffrey is a better pro wr prospect than floyd..blackmon no argument there...the risk is you burn a 2012 3rd rounder for a guy who helps you in 2011??? to me thats not too risky...

if he stays in school in 2012 you won't get him in the 3rd round...at least i don't think so...even with the alcohol issues...unless it continues

Michael Floyd is a nice prospect, but he was never really able to overshadow or outproduce Golden Tate even when he was healthy... Tate dominated when Floyd was on the field, but dominated even more when Floyd was out..

It's not only the repetitive alcohol related incidents that raise red flags, he also has durability concerns going back to his freshman year.. Last year was his only year playing a full season since he's been at Notre Dame..

Michael Floyd is legitimately talented and capable of dominating smaller DB's with his size and physicality... his body control and ability adjust to the football in the air would be virtually almost on par with A.J. Green in this draft class. The right team in desperate need of a #1 caliber receiver might be willing to come off as much as a 3rd round pick. I'd give it serious consideration IF he does indeed enter the supplemental draft and I thought I could get him for a 4th rounder in 2012.

He was always a better prospect than Jonathan Baldwin in my opinion, he should've entered the draft anyway.

On the field he's nothing short of a 1st round caliber wide receiver and has been since 2009.

But if he's an alcoholic, he's just another Koren Robinson.

I'd be a little concerned as to how he would compliment Marshall. He's not the type of WR I envision as our #2 . . . but he's also pretty damn good and an obvious upgrade.

If his character - alcohol, etc - checks out, I don't see the downside in burning a 3rd.

A 6'3" 220 lbs receiver that runs in the 4.4's and has averaged 15 yards per catch and 1 TD per game at Notre Dame doesn't fit as a complement to Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess?

Hell, I think that kind of guy fits as a complement to whatever the hell you've got.

Like I said, this guy is a bonafied 1st rounder on the football field, not a 1st to 2nd rounder, but a true blue 1st rounder. If he's an alcoholic, ok...that's an issue. But the NFL has a help and support network/structure in place to help those guys. With that kind of talent, if we have a 2nd rounder in the 2012 Draft after whatever we do at the quarterback position, I don't think I let the 2nd round of the Supplemental Draft pass me by without emailing my bid on Michael Floyd.

Thought he was more of a 4.5 guy. I'll admit that I haven't followed him closely, but my impression was that he's not a guy who's going to take the top off a D. Like I said, I've seen enough to know that I'd throw out at least a 3rd.

Thought he was more of a 4.5 guy. I'll admit that I haven't followed him closely, but my impression was that he's not a guy who's going to take the top off a D. Like I said, I've seen enough to know that I'd throw out at least a 3rd.

That's what they say but based on what I've seen, you give him the kind of time most of these Draft prospects get to work with speed coaches and whatnot, which makes him an apples-to-apples comparison with most Draft prospects, I think he's 4.4's all the way, based on what I've seen and the caliber athlete I've seen him run by. A Kenny Britt, at the least.

Back
Top Bottom