Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh

You really think Boston gave it their all or decided to flip the switch when the playoffs rolled around. That's what great teams do. Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a BUM. He fills a void in Miami but he's a centerpiece in Cleveland. He's a backup on every other NBA playoff team. Pay Gasol is an A player. You can pimp Antwan Jamison an his weak All-Star years and then tell me Gasol is nothing special. No one was hot after Jamison a few years ago when everyone wanted Pau.

Cleveland has been LeBron James and a bunch of straight BUMS for years. He was never going to win anything with Cleveland and he knew it. There's no sense in wasting 3 - 5 years of your prime chasing something you won't catch and then hoping you can land on the right team to get a title. That's garbage.

I know I haven't stuck around in the same job I had right out of college. It's all about me and getting bigger and better things. Good for LeBron. Cleveland was holding him hostage.

That's what great teams do? Great teams win 50 games?

Ilgauskas wasn't starting for Cleveland, he was playing the same role he'll play in Miami.

Gasol is a good player, he's made to look better playing w/ a guy like Kobe. if he goes to Cleveland they still don't win unless James steps up.

He made a Finals app, he was in the conf finals last year, he led Cle to the best record this year. He had chances to win but he couldn't come through and he gave up. That's not what a great competitor does.

You aren't lebron, you aren't at the very top of your field. Comparing you or I to Lebron is silly. We don't play a sport for a living.

To be truly great and compared to Jordan he needs to whine and pout a bit more, demand a trade, demand his teammates be traded for other players, kick out a coach, and spar publicly with his star teammate. Then after all that so long as he can shoot 40% in the finals and have one of his average teammates dominate for him he'll be placed on the pantheon by the fan.

To be truly great and compared to Jordan he needs to whine and pout a bit more, demand a trade, demand his teammates be traded for other players, kick out a coach, and spar publicly with his star teammate. Then after all that so long as he can shoot 40% in the finals and have one of his average teammates dominate for him he'll be placed on the pantheon by the fan.

Kobe had won 3 titles and it was both star players going back and forth at one another.

Kobe isn't Jordan either but he's a heck of alot closer than lebron who isn't close to Kobe.

Ok so afte Barkley was done with the Suns..he went and signed with the Rockets cause he thought they had the best chance to win...Sorry guy...

They should be able to play with who ever they wanna play with ..Not leave up to Gm's ...They wanted to play together beacause they are friends...

And its not like Lebron could not beat Wade or Bosh..He could not beat Kobe.....He could not beat the Celts whoe themselves have 3 great players(who are on there way down) So I say celebrate them...If not then have fun kissing the rings the next 10 years

barkley was traded to houston, he wasnt a free agent

it tarnishes his legacy no matter what anyone says. he left his HOME TOWN to go to a superpower b/c he didn't feel like earning it in cleveland. simple as that. and if you guys think lebron didn't have a ton of input on those 'scrubs' cleveland was getting to play with him you're insane. they led the damn league in wins last year - he just mailed it in during crunch time.

but i really can't blame him though. after all, its his legacy he's fugging up - he just figures he'd rather get some rings than try to surpass jordan. 25 years old - south beach - guaranteed a ring - at least he sold out right. if miami gets their head out of their *** and starts signing guys that can D up on howard instead of offensive guys they don't need they'll win the next 5 championships. i liked lebron until last year - you can tell constantly hanging out with guys telling you how good you are went to his head - another thing that separates him from jordan. he got entitled in a big way - he just continued the trend via peacing out on his home town.

still waiting for boston, LA, and orlando to do something to try and compete with this goliath. o'neal in boston? not so much. duhon in orlando? swing and a miss. nothing in LA? come on now.

It was also at the very end of his career, he didn't go there at age 25 w/ 25 year Clyde and Hakeem.

So? Why should a player have to wait until he is all used up to get with ppl he wants to play with...

So? Why should a player have to wait until he is all used up to get with ppl he wants to play with...

That's what a truly great player should do. Lebron is great, he'll be a HOFer but someday when he's old and retired he'll wish he would have tried to win one on his own rather than being #2. I think this group will win championships but at some point I see this ending badly. He'll get sick of being #2.

That's what a truly great player should do. Lebron is great, he'll be a HOFer but someday when he's old and retired he'll wish he would have tried to win one on his own rather than being #2. I think this group will win championships but at some point I see this ending badly. He'll get sick of being #2.
If he's winning titles, he won't mind being number two. He was in Cleveland for 7 years and got no help, so he went to a place where they will put players around him.

If he's winning titles, he won't mind being number two. He was in Cleveland for 7 years and got no help, so he went to a place where they will put players around him.

He was just beginning his career, most great players go to bad teams and have to put in time before he has the pieces around him. He quit and went for the instant gratification, it will be great for him and Miami to win but not for his legacy b/c he did it as 2nd banana.

it takes time to build a title contending team, unless you get lucky like the celts and lakers did. kevin mchale helped out his former team and jerry west GAVE AWAY pau gasol in one of the most lopsided trades in the history of sports, to also help out his former team. these players want to blame everything on management all the time, but yet they are the ones eating up most of the cap space. garnett couldve won a title or come pretty damn close years ago in minnesota if he took less, but he was the one eating up all of their salary. what were they supposed to do

lebron took a bunch of role players to the finals 3 years ago, the guy is one of the best to ever play the game already. but its not like the cavs werent trying. was it their fault what boozer did? they prolly wouldve won 1 already if he wasnt a snake. mo williams while not great, is a good player, made an all star team. big z used to be one of the best centers in the league years ago, but he could never stay healthy and injuries and age caught up to him. they traded for shaq, albeit hes on the way out. they came close to getting amare, they tried to get bosh. they did a good job given what they had available to them

it takes time to build a title contending team, unless you get lucky like the celts and lakers did. kevin mchale helped out his former team and jerry west GAVE AWAY pau gasol in one of the most lopsided trades in the history of sports, to also help out his former team. these players want to blame everything on management all the time, but yet they are the ones eating up most of the cap space. garnett couldve won a title or come pretty damn close years ago in minnesota if he took less, but he was the one eating up all of their salary. what were they supposed to do

lebron took a bunch of role players to the finals 3 years ago, the guy is one of the best to ever play the game already. but its not like the cavs werent trying. was it their fault what boozer did? they prolly wouldve won 1 already if he wasnt a snake. mo williams while not great, is a good player, made an all star team. big z used to be one of the best centers in the league years ago, but he could never stay healthy and injuries and age caught up to him. they traded for shaq, albeit hes on the way out. they came close to getting amare, they tried to get bosh. they did a good job given what they had available to them

Yea they tried and failed....So Lebron took into his own hands along with wade and bosh...They said we wanna get paid and win...

Have our cake and eat it too..I don't blame them for doing what they did....I actually respect them more..They are all about winning..Thats what the games are about winning..they put that first..

The Cavs did a horrible job. The TWolves did an even worse one with Garnett. As Garnett said....“Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can’t get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with [the Celtics] organization, I would have done it a little sooner".

What did the Cavs do to build a contender around Lebron? They had the most cap room in the league his second year. They use it to give a max contract to Larry Hughes, re-sign Ilgauskas with a huge contract, paying him over 10 mil a season, sign Donyell Marshall, and the great Damon Jones. That disaster of a summer destroyed the team for the next 4 years....it took that long just to dig their way out of all those god awful contracts.

As management goes you really couldn't have screwed it up any worse. They had over 30 mil in cap space in a time when max contracts started ~11 mil. You could have realistically assembled a team with 4 max players.....something that was beyond even the Heat's wild dreams this offseason. And they managed to screw up every signing.....even the one that made a modicum of sense, Ilgauskas, was for far more than he was worth.

Back
Top Bottom