**** Michigan Football **** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

The biggest complaint I had about the staff this year is they didn't seem to have a grasp on who should be playing. Which is very frustrating and it was honestly the same issue back in 2017.

The first couple games of the season Haskins was behind Charbonnet, Tru Wilson, Christian Turner, AND Ben Van Sumeren. Haskins looks like he may be our best back right now. I get wanting to rotate early, but the difference between Haskins/Charbonnet and the rest of the RBs is stark. Also, for everybody who wanted to hype up DJP and Tarik Black, the best two WRs on the team are Nico Collins and Ronnie Bell and it's not close. Nothing against any players on the team as they are all hard workers, but I actually think Gattis's offense will be better when Sainristil, Giles Jackson, and Bell are the main guys. Black and DPJ just don't seem to mesh with the offense Gattis wants to do. With DPJ I will at least say it's more likely due to missing so much time this camp.

Shea still isn't great but he's at least understanding his role and is making better decisions. I get not being a fan of Gattis, but that first 6 games, Shea just was not making the right decisions. In very limited action I feel both McCaffrey and Milton show a better understanding and comfort in the system. And while the OL may not have been great most of the season, I feel they have improved all year but Shea just gets jumpy.

Defensively, I also think they were way too slow to get Cam McGone and Dax Hill into the lineups. I also think the decision early to try and go with a 3 man front defensively was an awful decision too. Brown is still a very good DC, but I think the marriage to man D and having safeties in the slot has hurt us more than anything. Metellus and Hawkins are solid players but they should never be covering any WR in the slot let alone KJ Hamler (which cost us the Penn State game)

I was never on the fire everybody bandwagon, but I also felt that if a change was made we needed to go back to a punch them in the mouth approach. Which I feel the team has lost the last 3 years... of course I think to start the year we just didn't have leaders and now you are seeing some of the underclassmen develop into leaders (Bell, Hill,McGone,Hutchinson, Haskins, Charbonnet). But I also stand by my statement that next year you'll see a better offense from Gattis

Reactions: MD
I was impressed with Michigan. Not everyone can handle that kind of weather.

I was impressed with Michigan. Not everyone can handle that kind of weather.
Buckeyes handled it like I expected as well. Would love to see some of the SEC teams come north for late Oct and Nov games where they face these types of conditions.

Buckeyes handled it like I expected as well. Would love to see some of the SEC teams come north for late Oct and Nov games where they face these types of conditions.

It was just rain :lol:

What I’m hearing is excuses about why you can’t beat the SEC in perfect playing conditions :lol:

Why would SEC teams come play Big-10 teams up north when they don’t even recruit up there :lol:

Ohio State spanked Alabama in perfect conditions. No it’s not just rain. Playing in 40 degree weather with wind and rain is art.

Reactions: MD
It was just rain :lol:

What I’m hearing is excuses about why you can’t beat the SEC in perfect playing conditions :lol:

Why would SEC teams come play Big-10 teams up north when they don’t even recruit up there :lol:
Have you ever played in rain with temps in the 40s and wind? It's not just rain.

I'll recoginize that the southern teams have to deal with awful heat and humidity in Sep and Oct. I think you'll agree that's not just heat and humidity

If I wanted to make excuses I'd discuss how high the salary cap is in the SEC. :lol:

Last edited:
Ohio State spanked Alabama in perfect conditions. No it’s not just rain. Playing in 40 degree weather with wind and rain is art.

Stop exaggerating suckeye blowboy. Ohio St. barely scraped by in that one against an Alabama team playing a running back at quarterback.

Besides, we're talking about Michigan and the rest of the slow ass Big-10 against the SEC.

Have you ever played in rain with temps in the 40s and wind? It's not just rain.

I'll recoginize that the southern teams have to deal with awful heat and humidity in Sep and Oct. I think you'll agree that's not just heat and humidity

If I wanted to make excuses I'd discuss how high the salary cap is in the SEC. :lol:

Typical Big10 excuses :lol:

Just keep making 'em :lol:

Translation: We can't compete when it's 70 degrees and no wind in a dome - need you to come up here and play in a big bowl of slop so our lack of athleticism and speed isn't exposed.

:lol:

Stop exaggerating suckeye blowboy. Ohio St. barely scraped by in that one against an Alabama team playing a running back at quarterback.

Besides, we're talking about Michigan and the rest of the slow *** Big-10 against the SEC.

With a 3rd string QB I might add.

With a 3rd string QB I might add.

He was your 1st string QB. The other two were 1st string running backs playing quarterback. :lol:

Good job getting your first ever win against Bama though :lol:

Joey Galloway still salty about that loss to Bama in 1995 :lol:

Woody Hayes was Bear Bryant's bItch :lol:

I realize you're too young to know anything about that :lol:

He was your 1st string QB. The other two were 1st string running backs playing quarterback. :lol:

Good job getting your first ever win against Bama though :lol:

Joey Galloway still salty about that loss to Bama in 1995 :lol:

Woody Hayes was Bear Bryant's bItch :lol:

I realize you're too young to know anything about that :lol:

Yeah but... Woody was a fighter!

Classy! :lol:

I'll never forget watching that. Can you imagine if a coach did that in 2019?

Harbaugh finally owns a winning record against state rival. It took a while after that first game flop with botched punt in 2015. Now on to Ohio State. Need to finally beat them. They would need to beat 3 winning record teams (Indiana, OSU and bowl game) in a row to garner his best finish ever (11-2)

Back
Top Bottom