"Mike McDaniel cries a lot and that makes the players want to play harder" says one veteran | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Mike McDaniel cries a lot and that makes the players want to play harder" says one veteran

Is it possible that Armstead is already being groomed as a coach over here? Seems obvious to me but if Armstead were to retire and coach in some sort of capacity for the fins the very next season, I wouldn't even be surprised...

I, too, cry a lot in relation to this team.
Me Too Samesies GIF

In all seriousness so the thread doesn’t get filled with too many silly jokes I do think the personality relative to the responsibilities of a head coach at this level is a fascinating study

I support him and really want him to succeed because I think he cares for the team he reps and players that he coaches, he’s invested in us.

That honesty, vulnerability, and the unique way to communicate with them might just change the game, to
Me the question is, will these players play as hard as they possibly can for 60 mins, can he motivate them to do that with his personality.

I’m willing to see this through to see how his methods can inspire a team to a championship.

We all know our team well, so if we see improvements this year he’s got us on the right track, if we see regression well perhaps nice guys do finish last.
Many of us on this site grew up in a different era. An era where coaches/bosses/father figures were tough and many times could come off as assholes. But we did our best for them because we didn’t want to get bitched at. We wanted to prove ourselves to them because maybe we had some respect for those that came before us.

The generation that is coming into the league now, is a bit different. Maybe they will play hard for you if they love you and see you as an equal. So the question is will players play harder for someone they fear or someone they love?

Many of us on this site grew up in a different era. An era where coaches/bosses/father figures were tough and many times could come off as assholes. But we did our best for them because we didn’t want to get bitched at. We wanted to prove ourselves to them because maybe we had some respect for those that came before us.

The generation that is coming into the league now, is a bit different. Maybe they will play hard for you if they love you and see you as an equal. So the question is will players play harder for someone they fear or someone they love?

Machiavelli. Fear trumps love.

Sun Tzu. Love trumps fear.

Musashi. Just cut down your opponent. The rest will sort itself out.

Dangerfield. Love over fear.

1712987346570.jpeg

Is it possible that Armstead is already being groomed as a coach over here? Seems obvious to me but if Armstead were to retire and coach in some sort of capacity for the fins the very next season, I wouldn't even be surprised...
I'd be surprised if Terron could make it through a full season without missing games... AS A COACH!

To me, he's seemed like a player coach since he got here.

"Me the question is, will these players play as hard as they possibly can for 60 mins, can he motivate them to do that with his personality."

I think what Mike is trying to do, is to have them play as hard as they possibly can for 60 minutes for them, not for him.
I love it. Let's just dry those eyes and get the plays in before 6 seconds left though, K, Mike?

Back
Top Bottom