☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Round 1.

clear.gif
Rolando McClain*, Alabama
Height: 6-4. Weight: 248.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

2/19/09: An AP All-America third-teamer, Rolando McClain had 95 tackles, 12 TFL, three sacks and six passes broken up for one of the top defenses in the nation.

Round 2.

clear.gif
Vince Oghobaase, Duke
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.11.
Projected Round (2010): 2.

2/14/09: An All-ACC honorable mention, Vince Oghobaase collected 51 tackles, nine TFL and six sacks as a junior.

Round 3.

GeorgiaTech_logo-1.gif
Demaryius Thomas*, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-3. Weight: 229.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

10/10/09: Demaryius Thomas doesn't really run any routes, but his production (24 receptions, 536 yards, 3 TDs in five games) may make some teams forget about that.

OR.........................
clear.gif
Mike Williams*, Syracuse
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

Round 4.

clear.gif
Ed Dickson, Oregon
Height: 6-5. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.63.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

a few problems there - i'm not sure of thomas or williams becoming #1 WR's - especially not as quick as we'll need them to - so if you're assuming we get a FA for that spot fine - but if not i'm not so sure about those picks. and oghobaase would be a DE in our defense - not a NT - and we're money at DE - so i would pass on him altogether.

i think Mike WIlliams is done with football he just left Syracuse and quit the team but if he does enter the draft i wouldnt mind picking him up

a few problems there - i'm not sure of thomas or williams becoming #1 WR's - especially not as quick as we'll need them to - so if you're assuming we get a FA for that spot fine - but if not i'm not so sure about those picks. and oghobaase would be a DE in our defense - not a NT - and we're money at DE - so i would pass on him altogether.
it's really hard to make picks when you have so many holes to fill and needs for this team. my ideal draft would be, terrence cody , eric berry, rolando mclain, brandon spikes, dez bryant, golden tate, joradan shipley, but thats impossible I Know it takes a year or two to develop a receiver, and that defensive players usually perform well faster, and seeing how we have all third string receivers I Assumed we would get at least one big name receiver in free agency. not sure on the difference between a nose tackle and a defensive tackle, because because of a few inches in height ?

I like Vince alot as a player, but where does he fit in? he's going to make a better 3/4 DE than anything.. Personally i think that position is the deepest with Langford, Starks, Merling, McDan, and Dotson

Love the rest of your picks, MCClain is on top of my board, I like both WR prospects, i dont get to see thomas catch many balls in that triple option GT runs..

Ed Dickson is nasty, we might need to grab him in round 2. We need an OLB in there.. Maybe Von Miller, or Jerry Hughes in round two..

If you think Ogobasse can be our NT, no way, thats like Chris Canty or TonyMcDaniel playing NT... he's to tall and not wide enough, hell of a player, i think he becomes a star for hopefully someone in the NFC West where i don't have to worry bout em

it's really hard to make picks when you have so many holes to fill and needs for this team. my ideal draft would be, terrence cody , eric berry, rolando mclain, brandon spikes, dez bryant, golden tate, joradan shipley, but thats impossible I Know it takes a year or two to develop a receiver, and that defensive players usually perform well faster, and seeing how we have all third string receivers I Assumed we would get at least one big name receiver in free agency. not sure on the difference between a nose tackle and a defensive tackle, because because of a few inches in height ?

i hear what you're saying - we do have quite a few holes. both those receivers have potential and upside, but i think they'll both need some work to get them where they'll need to be. if we pick up a receiver in FA - which we pretty much have to do - then those picks make a lot of sense.

oghobaase is way too tall for a NT - too easy for O-linemen to get under those pads and use the leverage against him. not a good thing for a position that commands a double team. it wouldn't be impossible for someone that tall - but with his frame he isn't putting on much more weight in the NFL. 'power' won't ever be a huge part of his game i think - but you never know. he's a great talent but he should be a 4-3 DT come next year. here he would be a 3-4 DE - but we don't need anything there - especially in the second round.

with the holes we have - namely at WR, ILB, FS, OLB, and NT - it's gonna be hard to fill them all in one draft - so i feel your pain. love the mocks though - i'll start putting mine up once i know exactly where we're picking.

i hear what you're saying - we do have quite a few holes. both those receivers have potential and upside, but i think they'll both need some work to get them where they'll need to be. if we pick up a receiver in FA - which we pretty much have to do - then those picks make a lot of sense.

oghobaase is way too tall for a NT - too easy for O-linemen to get under those pads and use the leverage against him. not a good thing for a position that commands a double team. it wouldn't be impossible for someone that tall - but with his frame he isn't putting on much more weight in the NFL. 'power' won't ever be a huge part of his game i think - but you never know. he's a great talent but he should be a 4-3 DT come next year. here he would be a 3-4 DE - but we don't need anything there - especially in the second round.

with the holes we have - namely at WR, ILB, FS, OLB, and NT - it's gonna be hard to fill them all in one draft - so i feel your pain. love the mocks though - i'll start putting mine up once i know exactly where we're picking.
thanks...I just like ogh.a lot i really like golden tate and jordan shipley a lot. G. tate reminds me of steve smith and shipley reminds me a lot of wes welker. I didn't have them in there because of all the other needs i know there small but there very talented. let me know when you post your mock !

I realize that Miami needs a NT, but if Oghobasse is there in round 2, i don't see how you pass him up... Especially if Ferguson is convinced to come back for 1 more season... As far as Mike Williams is concerned, he has already stated he is entering the draft... but from what i have read he will not be a high draft pick due to all the issues that are surrounding him... Wes Bunting thinks he will take a major fall in the draft, but still thinks highly of Williams ability... Thomas is a beast averaging about 24 YPC ... he has amazing ability!!! and could be the modern day Keyshawn Johnson!!! I absolutely love Dickson, but Don't think he'll make it past round 2-3... say Miami is ableto get a NT in round 3 instead of Williams, and can get Williams in say round 5-7... this draft than become GREAT!!!

I wouldn't pick up any WR whose report says "doesn't run routes." That's what we need, especially since we now have a railgun at QB.

that's cause they launch the ball and Thomas goes and gets it like moss

Back
Top Bottom