Mock Draft (April 10) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft (April 10)

Meh

I am not a fan of Holland or Amon Ra where you took them. Also do not see the Pitt DE as a fit

That's the question I keep asking myself. Hunt showed improvement at RT as the year progressed.

I think if Grier sees him as a guard that #18 pick could land them Jenkins.

Lots of good tackles, but they are going to fly off the board. Little, from Stanford, could be there around #50 if Grier goes pass rusher early.
There was a report right after the draft by someone who spoke directly with one of the Dolphin coaches who said words to the affect that Hunt would be allowed to succeed or fail at RT before they considered moving him. It may be that Hunt prefers to play T. The fact of the matter is that Hunt did not fail. He was our best offensive linemen by the end of the season so I don't see his move likely unless we just got some great prospect who fell into our laps, kind of like when Tunsil fell. But I don't expect they see Tackle as a priority need. I do think they want a depth T to replace Davenport though.

I have no idea what the team's opinion is but for me Jenkins would be a guy I'd consider moving Hunt for. I have him on my list of guys I'd consider at or around 18 (if we traded down) with JOK, Kwity Paye and any of the three RBs,

There was a report right after the draft by someone who spoke directly with one of the Dolphin coaches who said words to the affect that Hunt would be allowed to succeed or fail at RT before they considered moving him. It may be that Hunt prefers to play T. The fact of the matter is that Hunt did not fail. He was our best offensive linemen by the end of the season so I don't see his move likely unless we just got some great prospect who fell into our laps, kind of like when Tunsil fell. But I don't expect they see Tackle as a priority need. I do think they want a depth T to replace Davenport though.

I have no idea what the team's opinion is but for me Jenkins would be a guy I'd consider moving Hunt for. I have him on my list of guys I'd consider at or around 18 (if we traded down) with JOK, Kwity Paye and any of the three RBs,
Good post. I would trade up slightly for Paye.

2021 Mock Draft
#6, DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
#18, Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
#36, Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
#50, Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
#81, Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge, Vanderbilt
#156, Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame
#231, Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville
#258, Jamar Watson, Edge, Kentucky

There's a fair chance Micah may be available at #18 and he was too good talent to pass.

Tua has new weapons to grow with.

Last edited:
I really believed that we won't pick at 6 or 18. I think Grier is going to move all over the board. Then the Panthers trade for Darnold so I thought 6 would be locked in. Now I'm thinking there could be several ways this board falls where we move out of 6 again. I think Grier is going to be able to get Dever to move.... and I'll take thier 2nd thank you. We'll take Smith at 9, Najee in the 20s Humphreys, Ossai and Friermuth in the second.

2021 Mock Draft
#6, DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
#18, Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
#36, Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
#50, Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
#81, Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge, Vanderbilt
#156, Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame
#231, Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville
#258, Jamar Watson, Edge, Kentucky

There's a fair chance Micah may be available at #18 and he was too good talent to pass.

Tua has new weapons to grow with.
Dayo Odeyingbo could be a great fit. Without the injury, might be in the top 50 discussion.

I really believed that we won't pick at 6 or 18. I think Grier is going to move all over the board. Then the Panthers trade for Darnold so I thought 6 would be locked in. Now I'm thinking there could be several ways this board falls where we move out of 6 again. I think Grier is going to be able to get Dever to move.... and I'll take thier 2nd thank you. We'll take Smith at 9, Najee in the 20s Humphreys, Ossai and Friermuth in the second.
I do think Grier will make a few trades. The #6 I think is less likely, but maybe Denver. Potentially Dallas if Pitts is there and Miami is targeting a pure receiver.

That #18 is really interesting. With the quarterbacks expected to go so quickly, some good players will be pushed down the board.

There is no way they trade out of 6 after giving up a 1 to go back up there. Clearly, they have decided one of the wides they like or Pitts (hope, hope!) will be there. It was a calculated move based on their scouting. If they trade back out of it now it will be admitting a blunder, as they are not likely to get that capital back.

There is no way they trade out of 6 after giving up a 1 to go back up there. Clearly, they have decided one of the wides they like or Pitts (hope, hope!) will be there. It was a calculated move based on their scouting. If they trade back out of it now it will be admitting a blunder, as they are not likely to get that capital back.
Unless Denver makes a crazy offer and your target could get to #9. Say quarterbacks go 1-4 and Cincinnati takes Sewell. You still have Pitts, Chase, Smith and Waddle on the board. If one of those is the target and the Broncos are taking a quarterback, then you are guaranteed to get one.

But, yes I agree that is very unlikely. I also think the Bengals take Chase or Pitts.

18 is such a hard pick to project. I have to imagine if Collins is there, and Parsons is not, it's Collins, unless someone crazy slips like Surtain or something nuts like that.
I don't like Oweh. Been a long time PSU follower and he's not someone who flashes. Round 2 but you are going for potential with him.
I loved Dickerson till the injury. I have such an aversion to oft injured guys. But I guess he could rehab/sit a year also. But with rounds 1 and 2 this year I think we should be looking for immediate plug and play guys.
I don't like Holland at 36. We have Rowe, McCain, and B Jones from Texas. No need to go safety so high.
Instead at 36 go Javonte Williams, or Basham or Browning if you didn't take Collins.
So you could have 6 Chase/PItts, 18 Collins, 36 Javonte Williams, 50 you have all kinds of options- Meinerz, Elijah Molden, Elijah Moore, Browning maybe, Basham maybe, Tryon maybe.
Then all your guys are contributors. Is Holland going to contribute ahead of Rowe, McCain, and Jones? DIckerson ahead of the FA center?

18 is such a hard pick to project. I have to imagine if Collins is there, and Parsons is not, it's Collins, unless someone crazy slips like Surtain or something nuts like that.
I don't like Oweh. Been a long time PSU follower and he's not someone who flashes. Round 2 but you are going for potential with him.
I loved Dickerson till the injury. I have such an aversion to oft injured guys. But I guess he could rehab/sit a year also. But with rounds 1 and 2 this year I think we should be looking for immediate plug and play guys.
I don't like Holland at 36. We have Rowe, McCain, and B Jones from Texas. No need to go safety so high.
Instead at 36 go Javonte Williams, or Basham or Browning if you didn't take Collins.
So you could have 6 Chase/PItts, 18 Collins, 36 Javonte Williams, 50 you have all kinds of options- Meinerz, Elijah Molden, Elijah Moore, Browning maybe, Basham maybe, Tryon maybe.
Then all your guys are contributors. Is Holland going to contribute ahead of Rowe, McCain, and Jones? DIckerson ahead of the FA center?
Agree with everything except I think Dickerson is a day one starter.

Agree with everything except I think Dickerson is a day one starter.
I would think that too...but A) will he be ready to go?, and B)will they just release the former Ravens center we signed, or will he just end up being a backup?
If Dickerson is a day 1 starter, then I'm all in. To me, the tea leaves just read as not from day 1.

I love Dickerson but his injury history worries me greatly.

Ligament damage to both knees and multiple ankle surgeries.

But he was clearly better than Creed Humphrey last year and without the injuries would be a certain 1st rounder.

Maybe you redshirt him his rookie year with Skura playing C and let him heal completely.

I could also see Miami waiting and going for Meinerz who they got to look at up close at the Senior Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom