Mock draft v.1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock draft v.1

daywalker

Starter
Reaction score
I am saying that we will trade JT for a 2nd and a 4th. JT is hinting he no longer wants to be with the team. Parcells knows that we have to rebuild the team, so a good way to do that would be to deal Jason and pick up more picks.

Jake Long OT 6'7" 315lbs. Michigan
He's big, strong and has long arms. He's a road grader in the running game. He has the nasty demeanor you want in your OL i.e. he wants to pile drive his opponent in to the turf. He's a good pass blocker. Is he as good as Orlando Pace coming out of college? Probably not, but we'll have to see how he develops. Michigan has a history of stocking the NFL with good Offensive Linemen. Some may say, why pay a guy that kind of money on the OL? I say why not. Who ever we take with the 1st overall is going to get payed. Be it a QB, DL, LB or CB, they are all going to tie up alot of cap space. Why is it less advantages to have the money spent on the OL as opposed to the Secondary, QB, or Defensive Front Seven. There are alot more options with an OL( moving him to the opposite side or OG) than QB. If the QB doesn't work out, you're basically stuck with the contract because he's not going to play any other position. CBs usually can't move to S. Usually LBs don't move to the DL or Secondary(the only one I can think of is Keith Traylor). DE have been known to stand up and I like what I've seen from Long and Gholston, but can anyone say Mike Mamula. Am not saying that they are going to turn out like him, but you make your conclusions.

2a. Cliff Avril OLB 6'3" 253lbs. Purdue
He's quick with a great burst off the line of scrimmage. He has a non-stop motor and is a perfect fit for a 3-4 scheme.

2b. Curtis Lofton ILB 6'0" 246lbs. Oklahoma
This guy reminds me of Zach. Doesn't have ideal height and is as fast as you would like, but makes up for it with his intelligence and tenacity.

2c. Martellus Bennett TE 6'6" 259lbs. Texas A&M
Underutilized at Texas A&M. Entered the NBA draft out of HS, but later withdrew his name. Played on the B-Ball team at A&M. He is probably the best blocking TE in the draft. He has huge mitts and is reliable in the passing game. Will probably be a better pro than a college player.

3. John Greco OG 6"5" 305lbs. Toledo
Technically sound, understands positioning and angles. Tough, strong and durable. Brings great intensity with a non-stop motor.

4a. Antwaun Molden CB 6'1" 198lbs. Eastern Kentucky
Excellent size w/long arms. Able to flip his hips and run w/almost anyone. Has that short term memory you look for w/extreme confidence.

4b. D.J. Hall WR 6'2" 193lbs. Alabama
Soft hands. Catches the ball away from the body. Smooth route runner who knows how to get open. Has a lot of experience against top competition.

6a. Xavier Omon RB 5'11" 228lbs. NW Missouri St.
Great all-around back. Tough inside runner. Pretty good hands out of the backfield. Was dominate on the small school level.

6b. Brandon Keith OT 6-5 343lbs. N. Iowa
Excellent size and bulk. Long arms. Amazing athleticism for a man of his size.
Mobile enough to get out in space and stout enough to hold up at the point of attack.

7a. Kroy Biermann OLB 6-3 246lbs. Montana
Winner of the Buck Buchanon Award: Best Defensive Player in Div-II. Great instincts and motor. Has that burst to close while in pursuit. Tough and aggressive.

7b. David Hale OG 6'6" 314lbs. Weber St.
Played at OT, but projects to OG in the NFL. Solid Technician w/good foot work. Effective as both a run and pass blocker. Not flashy, but a solid contributor on the roster as a backup.

Not bad. I don't really like the Avril pick. If we go for OLB at #32, hopefully Groves drops to us. I also like Lawrence Jackson a lot as a OLB/DE.

Back
Top Bottom