More Antonio Bryan news...can't believe this slipped under radar with some people... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Antonio Bryan news...can't believe this slipped under radar with some people...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
TEXANS TALKIN' TURD-KEY WITH TUNA

A league source tells that the Houston Texans have contacted the Dallas Cowboys regarding disgruntled receiver Antonio Bryant. We're also hearing that several other teams have inquired about the third-year receiver. "Every team that needs a receiver has called," another source said.

Though the 'Boys and the 'Xans are geographic rivals, their placement in separate conferences causes them to meet on the field only once every four years. Thus, the 'Boys would be more likely to ship Bryant to Houston than, say, to Philly or D.C., both of which teams the Cowboys see twice per year.

And a trade of Bryant to Houston would represent the second Texas two-step that these two franchises have danced this spring, with the Texans sending quarterback Drew Henson to the Cowboys for a third-round draft pick.

Our guess is that the Cowboys initially will try to recoup that third-rounder, arguing that the Texans surely would have traded Henson for Bryant straight up, if that were the deal on the table at the time.

Meanwhile, Bryant reportedly is in Miami as the team wraps up minicamp sessions. Following the Tuesday altercation, Bryant has not been at practice on Wednesday or Thursday, and he won't be present on Friday.

Bryant's mother, Irene, is trying to talk some sense into her prodigal son. "I talked to Antonio for an hour last night," Mrs. Bryant said. "I told him that respect has to be given before it is received. I'm hoping and praying for the best."

Yet another league source tells us that the episode is the result of resentment on Bryant's part regarding newcomer Keyshawn Johnson, whom Bryant believes is the recipient of favoritism on the part of coach Bill Parcells. Before the Johnson-for-Galloway trade, it widely was assumed that Joey Galloway would be dumped, permitting Bryant to crack into the starting lineup.

We've confirmed that the situation turned ugly on Tuesday when Bryant threw his jersey in Tuna's face. Bryant also tried, we're told, to continue his assault on Parcells as Bryant was being thrown out of the team's practice facility.

The players, we're told, are behind Parcells on this one, which indicates that Bryant likely won't be back, under any set of circumstances.

The irony in all of this, as we see it, is that Bryant was third on the depth chart behind two veterans who know a thing or two about falling out of favor -- and getting run out of town. Though we're hearing that the league in general is becoming less willing to give second chances to guys who have demonstrated turdish behavior, both Keyshawn and Terry Glenn have made the most to date of their second chances.

The question at this point is whether Bryant will.

Couple things to take from this....one is that with the players siding with Parcells on this, and if Bryant did indeed toss his jersey in Bill's face then try and do more but was restrained, and if Parcells said something like "I have one good fight left in me, don't make let it be you who gets it" or whatever some time ago...yeah I think Bryant is going to be shipped out.

Another thing to take from it, is that "Every team that needs a receiver" has called.

One more thing, is that the asking price for Bryant is likely to be a 3rd rounder, for now, but will probably go down since everyone knows the Cowboys are going to just release him, which means all the teams that are high on the waiver wire order will not bid very high...plus everyone will likely be a bit wary of a guy that nearly fought his head coach.

And of course the final note...where is the guy right now?

Miami.

Buzz buzz buzz...discuss. As for me, I'm still wary of him. He's been an attitude problem in college, he had an attitude problem on the Cowboys, and he'll likely have an attitude problem wherever he goes off to. Can we win with a few WRs with attitude problems? Yeah probably. Can it backfire? Most definitely.

His mom seems to have a good head on her shoulders. My thoughts when I read about the intial altercation was that he wouldn't be back in Dallas. I really don't think I would want a prima donna like this on the team. I would be surprised if they got as high as a third round pick out of him. Miami has some young WR's I would rather go with. It takes a year or two for WR's to develop so maybe Tolver and Newsome will have solid years and can step up.

I do not really want him. The numbers he has posted are only average. Besides he was on my fantasy team last year (until I dumped him) and he drops a LOT of passes.

He has the raw talent, just not the drive or motivation to play well.

The reason Bryant is in Miami is because this is his home town. He was a star at Northwestern high. He is not in miami to speak with the fins.

The reason Bryant is in Miami is because this is his home town. He was a star at Northwestern high. He is not in miami to speak with the fins.

I didn't say he was.

I don't want Bryant here. It would be an ugly situation if he came. He wants to start and he won't pass Chambers or Boston on the depth chart here. Bryant will only be happy if he is given the chance to start.

If he's looking for somewhere to start, he should try San Francisco or San Diego. They might be good opportunities for him but whether either team would want him is another matter. I'm sure he'll find reason to complain wherever he goes.

the only way he comes here is if he is willing to simply compete for a job in a new setting which may be the best offer he gets anywhere. I doubt with this luggage, he would be handed a starting job anywhere in the league

I don't really know much about the guy. Don't know why he is getting this much press either. I'm a fantasy football player and this guy has never been on my radar.
From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like he would be a good fit. It looks like he wants to start. If he goes to another team, how would he feel being 3rd or 4th string again?
Miami has its share of problems...no need to heap more questionable players onto our roster.

The reason he's getting press is because as a rookie he had about 200 less yards than Chambers, and as a sophomore he had about 200 less yards than Chambers' sophomore season as a starter, and at times the guy flashes some big league talent, but he's always had a big league attitude as well.

I'm not denying he's good. I don't know if he's at Chambers' level but the guy is good, he's just an a-hole too apparently.

We need to let this one die, we have added players with "questionable character" who are looking to turn their career around. None of the players we brought in as far as we know attacked their coaches, this guy will be a cancer in the locker room. Plus do we really want to give away another first day pick next year? That would leave us with only one day one pick..... kinda like this year.

Why would we want him? Other then the Dave haters who want him to here so he can scream about being #3 and not getting enough catches and try to punch out Davie only to be flattened by JT who's a vet that supports his coach.

bigmiamifan said:
Why would we want him? Other then the Dave haters who want him to here so he can scream about being #3 and not getting enough catches and try to punch out Davie only to be flattened by JT who's a vet that supports his coach.

I can't wait for this book to come out.... :D

Isn't that from PFT though. I still don't know about them.

Back
Top Bottom