More Antonio Bryan news...can't believe this slipped under radar with some people... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Antonio Bryan news...can't believe this slipped under radar with some people...

harry with our recievers

i think its great that everybody seems to be happy with the group of recievers we have this year i cant remember the last time everyone was happy with our recievers im starting to get excited

bigmiamifan said:
Why would we want him? Other then the Dave haters who want him to here so he can scream about being #3 and not getting enough catches and try to punch out Davie only to be flattened by JT who's a vet that supports his coach.
Hopefully he can get a hold of Dumbstadt before JT flattens him.......:eek:

Think on this.

What if they went Thompson and a late low rounder for Bryant?

I'd give that a sniff. We still have other talent to step in at the #3 if this guy continues being a jack. If he's even close to chamber talent he's a solid #2 man, and would be a fine #3 man.

I personally would stick with Thompson, but I don't see any danger in at least giving this guy a sniff. Throw a token to 'em, take this kid under our wing in a manner where there's little risk involved and I'd be ok with it. Wouldn't bend over backwards for a shot at him, but if it avails itself.

This is what I don't understand. If they put Chambers in the Slot on third down, and then Boston on the outside. They both Draw tight/double coverage because of their talent, we line up one more single on the outside, who draws single coverage down field, what reciever has the skills to beat single coverage deep down field, and what reciever has the talent to gain the trust of the Dolphins to be able to go downfield/deep on third down. Tis why we need a strong option. Thompson is a slot reciever, with the lack of burning speed, and a 7 figure contract, with having reworked it. What does that say about our recievers when Chambers is the slated slot guy. And everyone says we are fine at WR

Phinsdude said:
This is what I don't understand. If they put Chambers in the Slot on third down, and then Boston on the outside. They both Draw tight/double coverage because of their talent, we line up one more single on the outside, who draws single coverage down field, what reciever has the skills to beat single coverage deep down field, and what reciever has the talent to gain the trust of the Dolphins to be able to go downfield/deep on third down. Tis why we need a strong option. Thompson is a slot reciever, with the lack of burning speed, and a 7 figure contract, with having reworked it. What does that say about our recievers when Chambers is the slated slot guy. And everyone says we are fine at WR
Chambers in the slot is so that he's playing against a safety or a line backer to get that ball. The dolphins talk all about us going for the long ball and stuff but I assure you it will be the same field control passing game we've had here the last few years.

Talent is always attractive in a player, but you have to consider the whole package. Boston is our reclamation project for this season, we don't need another. Besides, Bryant has shown flashes, not consistent playmaking ability. Much as I would LOVE to see Thompson replaced at #3, without a change of attitude from Bryant? :shakeno:

Besides, if Parcells can't handle the guy? How would Wanny fair?

Wanny: "Welcome to our press conference announcing the signing of former Cowboy WR Antonio Bryant."

Reporter #1: "Coach, is it true that Byrant has refused to play unless Chambers is benched to open the #1 WR spot for him?"

Wanny: "Well, uh, Bryant is a player who has shown flashes of ability and done everything we asked of him, uh, much like Thompson last year."

Reporter #2: "Coach, did you ever ASK THOMPSON TO GET OPEN LAST YEAR?"

Wanny: Motions to security, who promptly remove reporter #2.

Reporter #3: "Coach, isn't it true that Bryant has demanded a new contract? Asking for a $20 million signing bonus?"

Wanny: "Uh, well, Bryant is... he just needs... I think he might be willing to step it up, if he recieves a confidence boost, like... uh, that kind of bonus."

Reporter #1: "Coach, didn't he throw his used jock at you? Then threaten to rape your wife if the offense wasn't built around passing to him?"

Wanny: "Well, uh, the jock only landed on my face... and, uh... Bryant was emotional scarred from being mistreated by Parcells. I don't deal with my players like Parcells does, and the results speak for themselves... uh..."

Reporter #1: "To RAPE your wife coach. Anally."

Wanny: "He is... that is to say... I just feel he needs some time to adjust to how we do things here."

Reporter #3: "Coach, didn't Bryant say Jay Fiedler was a joke as a starter? That he lacks accuracy, arm strength, and is injury prone?"

Wanny: Mustache twitching furiously. "He said WHAT about my Jay???"

Reporter #3: "He said that -"

Wanny: "Bryant is finished here!!"

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Talent is always attractive in a player, but you have to consider the whole package. Boston is our reclamation project for this season, we don't need another. Besides, Bryant has shown flashes, not consistent playmaking ability. Much as I would LOVE to see Thompson replaced at #3, without a change of attitude from Bryant? :shakeno:

Besides, if Parcells can't handle the guy? How would Wanny fair?

Wanny: "Welcome to our press conference announcing the signing of former Cowboy WR Antonio Bryant."

Reporter #1: "Coach, is it true that Byrant has refused to play unless Chambers is benched to open the #1 WR spot for him?"

Wanny: "Well, uh, Bryant is a player who has shown flashes of ability and done everything we asked of him, uh, much like Thompson last year."

Reporter #2: "Coach, did you ever ASK THOMPSON TO GET OPEN LAST YEAR?"

Wanny: Motions to security, who promptly remove reporter #2.

Reporter #3: "Coach, isn't it true that Bryant has demanded a new contract? Asking for a $20 million signing bonus?"

Wanny: "Uh, well, Bryant is... he just needs... I think he might be willing to step it up, if he recieves a confidence boost, like... uh, that kind of bonus."

Reporter #1: "Coach, didn't he throw his used jock at you? Then threaten to rape your wife if the offense wasn't built around passing to him?"

Wanny: "Well, uh, the jock only landed on my face... and, uh... Bryant was emotional scarred from being mistreated by Parcells. I don't deal with my players like Parcells does, and the results speak for themselves... uh..."

Reporter #1: "To RAPE your wife coach. Anally."

Wanny: "He is... that is to say... I just feel he needs some time to adjust to how we do things here."

Reporter #3: "Coach, didn't Bryant say Jay Fiedler was a joke as a starter? That he lacks accuracy, arm strength, and is injury prone?"

Wanny: Mustache twitching furiously. "He said WHAT about my Jay???"

Reporter #3: "He said that -"

Wanny: "Bryant is finished here!!"

I think you guys under estimate Wanny,

did ya'll forget the DT who got into the DL coaches face, Wanny stepped in and that player was released the next day. Or DG...gone..or Demetrious....You don't like his style or argue with him, you will be gone..Period..Wanny don't play that.. :shakeno:

Phinsdude said:
Thompson is a slot reciever, with the lack of burning speed, and a 7 figure contract, with having reworked it. What does that say about our recievers when Chambers is the slated slot guy. And everyone says we are fine at WR

I think I know what you mean but Thompson will NEVER be a slot receiver on a regular basis. A THIRD receiver maybe but not regularly in the slot. Slot guys are typically smaller, short striders with quick speed. Thompson is 6-2, 220 and is a long strider. Chambers is being looked at in the slot because the top three "number three" receivers we have at this time, Thompson, Minnis, and Newson, are all better on the outside.

That Chambers is being looked at in the slot is not an indictment of the rest of our talent but it is a realistic assessment of the strengths of our existing talent. After all we do it on defense. Surtain goes into the nickle or slot back spot when the third CB comes on the field and Howard will play outside.

Now having said that, I would like to see an upgrade at third receiver though I don't care if it is a slot man or we move Chambers into the slot when we go to a three receiver set and the new guy goes outside.

Back
Top Bottom