More Proof that Ricky's a loon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Proof that Ricky's a loon

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Robert Edwards about Ricky Williams said:
As for Williams' retirement, Edwards said he was stunned.

"I still feel like it's a joke," he said. "I mean, it was just yesterday that Ricky was sitting in the meeting room, talking about how many yards he needed to average every season to break the all-time record."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/07/27/w6c_finsbacks_0727.html

So Mr. Williams, you were never into anything that was professional football right???? You never wanted to be there in the first place?????? Still doesn't sound like that to me.

Oh and by the way Robert Edwards wants to come back and a bunch of the current Dolphins called him to get him back...........read the article.

Alex Marvez said:
Q: Having covered Ricky Williams the past two seasons, can you explain why every member of the media describes him as "flaky?"

A: Actually, "jerk" was more like it. Williams was standoffish with people simply trying to do their jobs and report his insight on the team to Dolphins fans. He never allowed the people that cover the team, outside good friend Dan LeBatard, to get to know him. Williams would frequently stand up the media on days he was scheduled to talk. Williams never said thank you to reporters for covering any charity events that he promoted. In my nine previous seasons as an NFL beat writer, only Cincinnati wide receiver Carl Pickens was a bigger pain to cover.

I'm starting to feel as though we never knew some of these things because the team would just take the "Oh it's just Ricky being Ricky" stance, not really saying anything.............but in reality he's been self-centered jerk this whole time.

The guys on WQAM's late night radio show last night were commenting on how Ricky showed up to Jay Fiedler's celebrity golf tournament for charity and after 3 holes he said he had to go to the restroom and never came back. The man even was MIA from one of his own charity events recently for kids.........all the famous people showed up, but Ricky didn't.

INstead of a "Coffee break" Rick needed a a "Toke Time".Yes what a flake.

Back
Top Bottom