Mort Sais Greise 2 year deal sure thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Sais Greise 2 year deal sure thing

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson of ESPN said toninght on sportscenter that Griese and the Dolphins will agree on a 2 year deal. He said the Dolphins and Griese have been talking for months, and the deal should be locked up very soon.

Hmmmm, I know it is just formalities, but should Mort really be reporting that we hae been negotiationg for months when tampering rules still apply? I know som are saying since the Broncos gave him permision to seek a trade that he can negotiate contracts as well. That is simply not true from what I gather...so can Denver cry foul based on reports like this (note: Mort isn't the only guilty party here)?

if they did call tampering...what do they get for it?

Originally posted by Flipper34
if they did call tampering...what do they get for it?

It's not the broncos who would call tampering, it's other interested parties who will claim that didn't have a fair shot at his services.

I think... :)

They wouldn't get a thing, it would just be us losing something or another.

Originally posted by Samphin
Hmmmm, I know it is just formalities, but should Mort really be reporting that we hae been negotiationg for months when tampering rules still apply? I know som are saying since the Broncos gave him permision to seek a trade that he can negotiate contracts as well. That is simply not true from what I gather...so can Denver cry foul based on reports like this (note: Mort isn't the only guilty party here)?

Denver wouldn't cry foul....but the NFL might. Denver TRIED to give Griese permision, but the NFL said that he couldn't unless he was involved in trade negotiations. If Griese signed a contract within 24 hours of being cut Denver wouldn't say boo, but the NFL might try to fine the Phins.

Back
Top Bottom