Mountain West and C-USA "Merge for Football" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mountain West and C-USA "Merge for Football"

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
IRVING, Texas/COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Mountain West Conference and Conference USA have unanimously come to an agreement in principle to consolidate their member football programs into one large association.
Commissioners of the two leagues formulated this creative and innovative plan with the support of the presidents, chancellors and athletics directors. The 12 members of Conference USA and 10 football-playing members of the Mountain West will join forces for this strategic landmark in college football.

"The role of a conference is to provide its members with the best possible environment in which to conduct their intercollegiate athletics programs," said Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson. "Rather than await changes in membership due to realignment, it became clear the best way to serve our institutions was to pursue an original concept. The Mountain West and C-USA share a number of similarities, and the creative merger of our football assets firmly positions our respective members for the future."

Done to pre-empt the Big Least's attempted addition(s) of Boise, Air Force, and UCF apparently. Somewhere in Wyoming, a barstool is relieved that his team's conference is still around.

I guess the Big East is kind of ****ed.

http://www.themwc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101411aah.html

Mountain West should have invited SMU and Houston instead of doing this cluster **** idea.

Should have gotten UTEP and Houston, or UTEP and SMU.

They should get Montana too. That program's a sleeping giant if they ever decide to move up.

To be honest, I've been wondering what was gonna happen.

I have seen this re-alignment in the past, but nothing this serious
Hell, growing up, the WAC included my beloved Lobo's, Utah, both Arizona Schools, NMSU, Air Force, both Colorado schools, and actually Hawaii at one point it seems.

Eventually, the cloak will have to come off and football will actually call the SEC and such as minor league, cause that's exactly what they are.

nuclearwinter1-1.jpg

To be honest, I've been wondering what was gonna happen.

I have seen this re-alignment in the past, but nothing this serious
Hell, growing up, the WAC included my beloved Lobo's, Utah, both Arizona Schools, NMSU, Air Force, both Colorado schools, and actually Hawaii at one point it seems.

Eventually, the cloak will have to come off and football will actually call the SEC and such as minor league, cause that's exactly what they are.

Hawaii was in the WAC it seemed like forever. The old WAC was an awesome basketball conference too.

Back
Top Bottom