Mt. Rushmore | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
My last pick might be do to the fact that I'm a younger fins fan, but I'd go:

Shula
Marino
Csonka
Thomas

If we could somehow have Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas as a double bust counting as one guy, I'd totally change one of my four.

For some reason, I thought we did this before, but since Profootballtalk is doing every teams version of Mt. Rushmore, let's do it again. 4 people to represent the Dolphins organization. My votes go to...

Don Shula
Dan Marino
Bob Griese
Jason Taylor

The last pick is the most difficult. It was down to JT, Larry Csonka, or Zach Thomas for me. What players get your votes?

Shula
Marino
Stephenson
Z. Thomas

If I put Stephen Ross on my Mt. Rushmore do I need a seperate mountain for his ears?

I understand the love in the current era for JT and Zach, I loved them myself. But to their detriment they played primarily in the worst era of Dolphin football history(removing the first 4 years as a new franchise from the argument), never were part of a great team or even a "Real contender". So therefore they would never be a part of any Mount Rushmore of the Dolphins.

I could more easily place Dwight Stephenson, considered by most the "greatest center" in NFL history on the mount before either of them, and frankly he doesn't make the cut.

Great players, but "honorable mentions" at best in my opinion on a 4 person Dolphin Mount Rushmore.

All serious entries deserving:)

I' ll go with:

Shula
Marino
Robbie
Fernandez

Most honorable mentions - JT, Zach, Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Buoniconti, and Jake S.

We don't have four deserving people...Just Shula and the undefeated season. No Marino, no Robbie, no Zonk, no Griese, no one else.

Just Don Shula's jutting jaw and a tribute to '72

You really need 5. Extremely difficult to leave out anyone among Robbie, Shula, Csonka, Griese and Marino. Everybody else is a clear notch below, unless you use the Undefeated Season, as already nominated.

I'm amazed so many posters are content to leave out Griese. He was the dependable rock for more than a decade. Our image was smarter and more resourceful than everyone else, and the centerpiece was Griese. Until he replaced Morrall in that '72 AFC Championship Game, I was watching silently, fully expecting to lose. Morrall had lost it against Cleveland a week earlier, other than one 4th quarter launch to Warfield. Morrall had hit a wall. Luckily for the history and legend of our franchise, Shula recognized it in time.

What the heck. I'm never been hesitant to voice it previously. Marino after the San Diego game in late '84 was responsible for the most disgusting football in our franchise's history. Absolutely sickening, other than the opportunity to isolate games to confidently bet against. Pantyhose passing team in an age of fortified NFC brutes. Disgraceful displays like 8 rushing attempts in that '94 loss at San Diego, despite leading the entire game, often by wide margin.

I can't reward a cupcake like Marino with a spot on that wall. Put him in that hidden Mount Rushmore chamber, whatever it is. Some type of obscure hall of records. That's Marino, nothing but records, many of them long gone.

Seriously. I grew up in the 80's and I fully respect what the team accomplished in the 70s, but everyone should know that You do NOT come on a Dolphins board and bash Dan Marino. That man kept the Dolphins relevant throughout the 80's and 90's and if you exclude Duper/Clayton/Stephenson through the early part of his career and Taylor/Thomas during the twilight of his career, he didn't have much help in between. Bob Griese was great and he has two Super Bowl rings sure. Dan Marino is one of the best to ever play period.

My Mt. Rushmore:

1. Shula
2. Marino
3. Csonka
4. Taylor (Time heals all wounds and I have gotten over his one year defection to the Jets. He deserves a spot IMO)

I understand the love in the current era for JT and Zach, I loved them myself. But to their detriment they played primarily in the worst era of Dolphin football history(removing the first 4 years as a new franchise from the argument), never were part of a great team or even a "Real contender". So therefore they would never be a part of any Mount Rushmore of the Dolphins.

I could more easily place Dwight Stephenson, considered by most the "greatest center" in NFL history on the mount before either of them, and frankly he doesn't make the cut.

Great players, but "honorable mentions" at best in my opinion on a 4 person Dolphin Mount Rushmore.

Worst era in Dolphins history? Uh....no way. First of all, the most recent one hasn't exactly been fruitful.

Taylor and Thomas were here for our perennial playoff appearances in the late '90s and early 2000s. Much better than the previous ten years.

Yatil Green
Jennifer Lopez
Nick Saban
Pete Stoyanovich

Ok but for real
Marino
Shula
Joe Robbie
Zach Thomas

Worst era in Dolphins history? Uh....no way. First of all, the most recent one hasn't exactly been fruitful.

Taylor and Thomas were here for our perennial playoff appearances in the late '90s and early 2000s. Much better than the previous ten years.

Please, they played most of their Dolphin careers in the Wannstedt and after era....and this team hasn't been a real contender since before them going back to the Shula era.

The Jimmy Johnson teams were a joke for the most part. Zach and JT were excellent players on bad Dolphin teams period.

To a fan who's seen all of the Dolphin history....everything after Shula is one bad era for the most part...thats how I see it. It can be broken into coaching era's but for me it comes down to this team hasn't made it to a conference championship game since Shula in the early 90's.

Those playoff appearances after that were for the most part a joke.

Please, they played most of their Dolphin careers in the Wannstedt and after era....and this team hasn't been a real contender since before them going back to the Shula era.

The Jimmy Johnson teams were a joke for the most part. Zach and JT were excellent players on bad Dolphin teams period.

To a fan who's seen all of the Dolphin history....everything after Shula is one bad era for the most part...thats how I see it. It can be broken into coaching era's but for me it comes down to this team hasn't made it to a conference championship game since Shula in the early 90's.

Those playoff appearances after that were for the most part a joke.

if the jimmy johnson teams were a joke what does that make the current era a cruel joke lol

Back
Top Bottom